SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Researching an article....

867 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  deniseO30 
#1 ·
Hello folks - I'm researching an article to be published shortly. I'd like to hear from anyone with experience with a tankless hot water system on their boat, preferably propane fired.
Comments as to utility, brands, installation, safety, etc. are all welcome.
Thanks, look forward to your remarks.

Wally

#2 ·
I do not currently know of any that meet the marine requirements for LPG systems. If you find one please let us know. The Paloma brand had some serious issues and they were pulled from the market a while ago. I am unsure if anyone has stepped in to fill that void or if it could even be done.

Unless you can find one that meets the requirements a call to your insurance company would be a wise choice, before installing one, to see what their take is on the matter.

#3 ·
I'm in the residential/light commercial hvac Biz Wally, and they have become a bit of a rage for homeowners to have. They work well! The reason they work well is the HUGE amount of fire they have when the water starts to flow. Then it modulates lower as the flow stabilizes and shuts down when the flow stops. Maybe, they have a place on boats since they need to vent outdoors and most need an outdoor air intake as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.