Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Met up with three sailnetters in Canada

Just got back from three weeks up in British Columbia waters. We met up with "Faster" and his better half in Plumper Cove on July 4th. "Faster" has friends everywhere, including a friend with a dock in the area, so we got to tie up and act like big shots drinking our beers at a dock table with an umbrella. I burned some salmon on the BBQ to go with the great salad Mrs. Faster made.

We met up with "Bilgewater" in Roscoe Bay. "Bilgewater" makes wine and we helped him get rid of a bunch of it. He pinged our DSC radio and got a fix on our location, although it is no secret that we spend most of our time up in Roscoe Bay. I burned some beef on the BBQ to go with a great vegetable dish that "Bilgewater" put together. (Anyone getting a feel for my BBQing abilities yet?)

JRD22 and his better half also found us in Roscoe Bay.

I put the rig on the sailing dink. Here is JRD22 and his other half sailing by Bilgewater's boat.

My son and I went for a dive just outside Roscoe Bay. Here is a crab we found in some deep water. We put it back after the picture was taken, but I was curious if anyone knew what kind of a critter it was.

When we dropped the kids off in Lund, we rafted up to Bilgewater's boat for the night. He told us earlier how a crappy sailboat had rafted up to him and used his sheets as mooring lines. I left him a note and this picture as proof that he had another crappy boat tied to him, but we used out own mooring lines.

So on our way down Malaspina, the engine starts getting a little warm. Decide to check the impellers on the fresh water pump. Two of the six vanes were left. Changed it out and then had to take the thermostat housing apart to locate the missing vanes.

Isn't the definition of cruising "fixing you boat in remote and beautiful places"?

Gotta go back to work Monday to fund next year's cruise.

More later.
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.

Last edited by erps; 07-25-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Nice!

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Old 07-25-2010
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Geez Ray, just call it "blackened" instead of burnt and it's haute cusine!

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

Old 07-25-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Nice erps! Burned meat and blown impellers. Sounds like a nice cruise!

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 07-25-2010
Hmmm

Bilgewater is on a distinguished road
It was great to see you guys up here Ray, it was good times.

That's a large Box crab although I have never seen one that big and usually they're not as pink as that. Never eaten one of those but looks like lot's of meat.

Right now I'm rafted up with JRD22 (John and Lourie). I met up with them again about a week ago and we did the inlets, Toba and Bute. Ran into heavy seas in an exposed bay halfway up Bute Inlet last night and ended up weighing anchor in the middle of the night. Trying to find a spot for JRD's Buster to do his business in these inlets in the middle of the night is a challenge to say the least. So we did a long run for Cortes Bay down in Desolation Sound but barely able to keep our eyes open.

Had to leave my boat in Lund for a week and I got another mysterious rafter but this time they left a note:

Erps has no note paper on board, but he does have part of a Lucky Beer case, this is the back of the note. Maybe this has something to do with the burn't meat. By the way, Ray that was a tasty meal and thanks.

Impulse III
Truant Pilothouse
Old 07-25-2010
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
A guy's gotta make due with the materials he has on hand. I made a little cardboard cover for my steering wheel shaft to keep grease off our shorts when we take the wheel off in anchorages out of that same box I think.

La Conner, WA

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Old 07-25-2010
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough
It was great seeing you and Bilge up here Ray, thanks for showing us all the highlights of Roscoe Bay. We just got back from four days of buddy boating with Bilge up Toba and Bute Inlets. Here are a couple of pics that we took while we were all together.
Ray and the Admiral

Nikko in Roscoe Bay

Impulse III

Looking out the entrance to Roscoe Bay

This sailed by the entrance to Roscoe while we were pulling our prawn trap, take a close look at the foremast.

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

Old 07-25-2010
Hmmm

Bilgewater is on a distinguished road
Very nice photos guys, I have photos but my camera crapped out yesterday, so now I need to find a place that can get them off my sony memory stick and onto a disk or something. I should have some good shots and hopefully I'll contribute in the next few days.

That was a good meetup, lots of stories, food, drinks and good times. Very nice

Impulse III
Truant Pilothouse
Old 07-25-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
great shots guys

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.