Can SailNet really claim to be the Largest online Sailing community any more? - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Can SailNet really claim to be the Largest online Sailing community any more?

I have been a member here for a while now and I have noticed a seemingly steady decline it active users.

This place has always seemed to shut down in the late hours of PST anyway...so I have always had to go elsewhere to find people up and conversing at that time...but other then that...it seems we are losing our market share on a whole.

Whats going on?

As an example right now I show 15 new post since my last log in.... another forum Im a member on shows 4 pages in the same length of time.

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.

Last edited by Stillraining; 07-31-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2010
San Juan 21 MKII

lydanynom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
another forum Im a member on shows 4 pages in the same length of time.
What forum?
Old 07-31-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
SA ALWAYS has more posts in a given time than here. BUT< they area a different breed and topics too!
Old 07-31-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
SA ALWAYS has more posts in a given time than here. BUT< they area a different breed and topics too!
It aint SA....(or the inverse).......Guess again...

I am a member there as well, but rarly go there anymore...it just isnt a very frendly place...to much totsorone for me... ....have met a couple of my faviort people there though...The atmospher is Just not what im looking for.

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.

Last edited by Stillraining; 07-31-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2010

Capnblu is on a distinguished road
With video's like you had posted a few days ago Still, things will pick up i am thinking. It motivated me to take the video camera into the shop the other day, instead of just a camera. One day I will be finished my refit, and have time to learn how to edit and post them too.

I Don't Know! I Don't Know!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
I knew it was not the inverse, that place is deader than a dead doornail.

SA does have more posts, but as you say, testosterone or equal does not make it always fun to go to. These along with jeanneau-owners.com are the only ones I go to.

DO not know which one you are looking at. We also start weekend race late August, not sure what Milea is up to.
Old 07-31-2010
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Forums are a roller coaster. It seems if they are too large, often times I feel like they lack a closeness. If they are too small, they can be downright boring or annoying when the same user is constantly maintaining/starting topics. Maybe sailnet is teetering or in a flux of sorts. Some-days there appears to be many active topics, some not so many. It's definitely easier to lurk than participate for me. I'm still learning and reading so I find myself just hanging out behind someones shoulder listening more than anything.

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 07-31-2010
Handsome devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capnblu View Post
With video's like you had posted a few days ago Still, things will pick up i am thinking. It motivated me to take the video camera into the shop the other day, instead of just a camera. One day I will be finished my refit, and have time to learn how to edit and post them too.

Kind words..... but I doubt it...it died very quickly...not even one comment on the finished product....I aint no MaineSail it apears...LOL...

Yours will be better Im sure.

Old 07-31-2010
San Juan 21 MKII

lydanynom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
It aint SA....(or the inverse).......Guess again...
Why is it a mystery?
Old 07-31-2010
Back to just the Jon boat

therapy23 is on a distinguished road
Part of it may be that it is soooo Sloooowwww.
None others are.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.