SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

chartplotter mounting

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  LinekinBayCD 
#1 ·
So i finally bought a chartplotter for my boat. I ended up getting the Standard Horizon CP300i (mainly due to price).

The problem I am facing is how to mount it near my wheel so its accessable and viewable from the helm. I have an older Edson pedestal steering with no guard in front.

I am thinking about clamping a ball and clamp mount to the pedastal (4" diameter maybe) and having the arm come up about 2 feet so its about level with the top of the wheel. But I cant seem to find any hardware that would work for this idea of mine.

My cockpit is somewhat tight and I dont want to put the pedastal guard in and mount it to that (plus I am trying to keep the cost down).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

#2 ·
I've seen some adjustable clamps and mountings for bicycle racks and accessories at bicycle shops that I thought could be well adapted for marine applications. You may want to visit bicycle supplies or lap top trays and mounts. Take care and joy, Aythya crew

#3 ·
RAM Mounts probably make something that would work. Price will be a bit stiff though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.