Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2010

garymcg is on a distinguished road
Vinings Marine Group?

Anyone at a marina owned by Vinings Marine Group? The marina I'm at, which shall remain nameless, was family owned and had a good reputation. Vinings bought it, and 3 years later.....there is no fuel. No diesel, no gas. The dock attendant said that the marina's parent company is in financial straights and apparently can't get fuel on credit and has no cash. Anyone else in a similar situation? Just wondering if I should be looking for a new slip next season.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2010

JimsCAL is on a distinguished road
I have stored my boat for the last number of years at Glen Cove Marina, bought a few years ago by VMG. I have been hearing the stories of financial troubles for a year or so. The signs of cutbacks are everywhere with the recently hired manager let go and repairs to a seawall stalled. Don't know if they have the same lack of fuel situation. I will be storing this winter at my yacht club.
Old 08-10-2010

nptkid is on a distinguished road
not sure why you would want the place to remain nameless.
CW Capital just added a 12 million $ non conforming mortage to Sunset Harbor owned by VMG. Looks like they are going to have a tough time holding on to that property. I have been a customer there since the 70's and the decline over the last few years has been the worst I have ever seen. Not sure if that is the marina you are in. Nor am i sure if this speaks to the companies financials as a whole.
Old 08-19-2010

Peteranzo is on a distinguished road
Vmg

The first writer had a Michigan plate, so I assume he talking about Toledo Beach Marina in Monroe County, Michigan. With the highest unemployment in the Nation, the marina which is part of VMG, but not owned by VMG is hurting as most of the marinas in the area. One recently went up for auction, and no one even bid for it. Receivables are at a all time high, and other than not having fuel, the marina has had several improvements made this year and is operating well. As we begin auctioning boats for non payment, the fuel issue will be corrected. Anyone wishing to contact us directly regarding other affiliated marinas and their financial wherewithal is welcome at Vinings Marine web site. Last I checked, the sailboats weren't buying much fuel anyway.
Old 08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nptkid View Post
not sure why you would want the place to remain nameless.
CW Capital just added a 12 million $ non conforming mortage to Sunset Harbor owned by VMG. Looks like they are going to have a tough time holding on to that property. I have been a customer there since the 70's and the decline over the last few years has been the worst I have ever seen. Not sure if that is the marina you are in. Nor am i sure if this speaks to the companies financials as a whole.
Your facts are incorrect, so please give us a call if you need more information.
Old 08-19-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Peteranzo—

Just curious what your relationship to VMG is? If you are representing them, you need to follow the rules in the Special Interest disclosure post. If not, I would question how you come by the information you are posting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-24-2010

sail0r is on a distinguished road
Results of Googling "Vinings Marine Group"

"Peter Anzo, one of three managing members of Vinings Marine Group..."

I guess that answers the question as to the source of the data.

However, since we seem to have Mr. Anzo's attention, it would be interesting to see if he would be willing to address the concerns of the customers of Toledo Beach Marina -- as in: will there be winter storage? Can we bring our own fuel to our boats in approved containers since the gas dock is dry? Might we expect an explanatory e-mail soon? Should we be looking for new dockage for next year? Is the marina for sale?

These questions -- and others -- just came up today in discussions with dockmates.

Time to end all of the speculation.
Old 08-25-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Sail0r—

I'd point out that anyone could be posting as PeterAnzo, since his name is easily available on the internet. That does not mean that the person with the handle PeterAnzo is in fact PeterAnzo or has anything to do with the Vinings Marine Group.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-24-2011

ttwiggle is on a distinguished road
Point Lookout Marina Going to Auction

Auctioneers Association of Maryland

This is a Vinings Group Marina.
Old 08-24-2011

Is this news?