Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010
baDumbumbum

bobmcgov will become famous soon enough
Blood on the decks

It's so hard to clean off the teak. (Comes right off Sunbrella, tho.)

From LA Craigslist:

Quote:
Yacht or Sailboat Needed for Low Budget Horror Feature (Marina Del Rey)

An Independent Production Company is seeking a chartered / captained sailing vessel, such as a yacht (the bigger the better) or at the minimum, a 36’-50’ sailboat, to be used in an independent narrative horror film. The principle photography on the yacht will not exceed one to two days; the actual shooting days for the yacht are TBD, but the project itself will be spilt up over four to five consecutive weekends beginning in late Sept. 2010. Ideally, we would like to keep all filming locations in or around the Los Angel area (Marina Del Rey is PERFECT), so that no travel or overnight lodging will be necessary for cast or crew. However, we are willing to travel as far north as Santa Barbara and as far south as San Diego. A Certificate of Insurance will to issued to the vessels owner well in advance of the actual shoot date. Please include jpeg photo references and rates, to include captain fees, with your submissions. This low budget independently produced and financed feature is being created specifically for the 2011 Horror Film Festival Circuit.
Anyone willing to step up? Here's your chance to redress the lack of sailing-oriented films: "It's like Morning Light ... with gratuitous nudity and zombies!"

Or, "The Abby Sunderland Story" ... starring Jennifer Love Hewitt?

Last edited by bobmcgov; 08-30-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2010

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
Whose blood is it?? Fish? Pirate's? the Ex's? Hmmmmm?

When sailing on Navy Mine sweepers we had wood decks and we used Oxalic acid to clean them. a cap full in a bucket of water will do just fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture

Last edited by Boasun; 08-30-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-30-2010
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boasun View Post
When sailing on Navy Mine sweepers we had wood decks and we used Oxalic acid to clean them. a cap full in a bucket of water will do just fine.
Did you have to do that often (clean blood off the decks)?? Just asking..
Old 08-30-2010

trisstan87 is on a distinguished road
While this is almost completely irrelevant to this post, I will include it anyway as to my knowledge not many people know about it. I am no scientist when it comes to getting blood off floors, I would see what crime scene investigators use. Out of clothes you actually want to wear out again though? There I CAN help! Peroxide. Yep, thats it. Peroxide eliminates blood stains from clothes. No need to worry about gaffing those prize fishes in your white boy shorts anymore!
Old 08-30-2010
baDumbumbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisstan87 View Post
While this is almost completely irrelevant to this post, I will include it anyway as to my knowledge not many people know about it. I am no scientist when it comes to getting blood off floors, I would see what crime scene investigators use. Out of clothes you actually want to wear out again though? There I CAN help! Peroxide. Yep, thats it. Peroxide eliminates blood stains from clothes. No need to worry about gaffing those prize fishes in your white boy shorts anymore!
Why is a fish wearing your boy shorts? I mean, they can't fit properly.
Old 08-30-2010

We removed from the deck; blood, oil, grease, and had nice white decks.

Maritime Instructor

S/V Rapture
Old 08-31-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Bob—

JLH is a bit long in tooth and too pretty to play Abby.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-31-2010
baDumbumbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
JLH is a bit long in tooth and too pretty to play Abby.
Yeah, but she looks good settin' off an EPIRB.

Let me storyboard this for you: Southern Ocean, massive waves breaking in the background, rig in the water. JLH-as-Abby in blood-smeared foulies, holding an ichor-smeared hatchet in one hand while she's screaming into her SatPhone to Dad. Giant tentacles reach over the lifelines of Wild Eyes, while gilled zombies crawl towards her down a deck awash with intestines.

Of course, in the end "Abby" is saved by a French fishing boat (more gore flies). But when she attends the press conference in L.A., she looks a little different....
Old 08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcgov View Post
Yeah, but she looks good settin' off an EPIRB.

Let me storyboard this for you: Southern Ocean, massive waves breaking in the background, rig in the water. JLH-as-Abby in blood-smeared foulies, holding an ichor-smeared hatchet in one hand while she's screaming into her SatPhone to Dad. Giant tentacles reach over the lifelines of Wild Eyes, while gilled zombies crawl towards her down a deck awash with intestines.

Of course, in the end "Abby" is saved by a French fishing boat (more gore flies). But when she attends the press conference in L.A., she looks a little different....
And here I thought that Abby Was a Blonde

Maritime Instructor

S/V Rapture
Old 08-31-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boasun View Post
And here I thought that Abby Was a Blonde
That's what they made bleach for...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.