SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   NEEEEED HELP!! proposing to girlfriend!! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/68062-neeeeed-help-proposing-girlfriend.html)

tylax6 09-07-2010 05:29 PM

NEEEEED HELP!! proposing to girlfriend!!

Well I have one of the most exciting days of my life coming soon, Im going to propose to my girlfriend! I have a ring on the way that we had picked out and she thinks its going to be a few more weeks than expected, so time to surprise!!.

My dream idea is to propose to her on a luxurious sailboat at sunset on a nice night. We both moved out to Newport Beach, California and dont know a soul out here, and left my sailboat in West Michigan :(

So here is where I need your help. Instead of paying 800 dollars for a private charter for 3 hours I was hoping someone out here has a boat that would take us when they go for a cruise or know someone who would. I will pay if needed, just dont have alot, we need to pay rent, and for the ring :)

If you are willing to accompany a great couple along with you in the next few weeks for a day/night it and see a couple get engaged it would be a dream come true. Have a few drinks and some champagne, we can bring food for all....If you live anywhere from Los Angeles to Dana Point it would be great! Even a day trip down to San Diego is cool and fun.

A little about us: My name is Ty and hers Erin, we are both 24 and have been dating for 2 year, lived in michigan till she got a job out here at UCLA at the medical center, and after I had to have 2 back surgeries back home i finally made it out here and looking for work. We cant wait to get married and start traveling the world and buy a sailboat we can do it with.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...o/IMG_5884.jpg

If you think you can help me out and make her the happiest woman alive, respond to this thread or email me... ty_lax6@hotmail.com and SPREAD THE WORD!

Thanks in advance

cardiacpaul 09-07-2010 09:56 PM

Don't do it man.
There are only so many times you can lose half of everything you own, and have anything left. :)

St Anna 09-07-2010 10:37 PM

Tylax,
I proposed onboard our (then) yacht. A few months later we were married onboard whilst under sail by an Anglican Minister (all above board). I was hanging onto Bren and the Minister as the family and friends watched on the foredeck.

We used a catering Co for the feed and sailed home with the afternoon seabreeze.

We honeymooned cruising and after 7 years, we just (temporarily) halted the cruising lifestyle last week.

Dont listen to the negatives - just go fro it!

Thats a good lookin chick you've got on your arm (possibly short sighted - just joking)

cheers

tylax6 09-10-2010 01:57 AM

Thanks for the kind words St. Anna, and im sure cardiacpaul was just kidding...I would love to be married while in sail on a boat, oh that would be cool, but seems like im having a hard enough time finding a boat to just get on my knee...

Anyone able to lend a hand?? 200 views! even just a phone number or idea of what to do will help.

Thanks

St Anna 09-10-2010 03:28 AM

I remember that, whilst on my knee, the rubber grippy stuff on the floor of the cockpit was inflicting pain on my knee whilst I maintained a pleasant, smiling face. I still managed to propose ! And she said yes - God knows why?

Go for it mate. Too much sad knews on the tv - let us know how it goes.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

CP needs a (you know what!) & he will be happy and positive for a day. LOL

Minnewaska 09-10-2010 05:14 AM

To be 24 again. Not remotely considering that your host could be taller, better looking, clearly has more money and there own boat.

Statistically, 52% of all the advice you will get will be from divorced people. Ignore us. Congrats.

sailingdog 09-10-2010 05:46 AM

Marrying the right person makes your life incredible... marrying the wrong person makes it a living hell. Fortunately, I know the former from personal experience and the latter from watching friends and acquaintances who have chosen poorly. :)

smackdaddy 09-10-2010 07:19 AM

C'mon - where are you Westies? Help the man out!

I think the composition of the photo is perfect. Beautiful woman to your left - cold beer to your right. Perfect, dude. Perfect.

Boasun 09-10-2010 08:28 AM

1. you could give her, her favorite drink with the "E" ring in it. Or use a slice of cake.
2. You could have Large temporary letters "Marry me" or something on the sail and have her raise it.
3. The standard method; down on one knee with ring in hand.
4. Hide the ring on the boat and be looking for an item and have her help in the appropriate area.

Stillraining 09-10-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 642021)
C'mon - where are you Westies? Help the man out!

I think the composition of the photo is perfect. Beautiful woman to your left - cold beer to your right. Perfect, dude. Perfect.

ROFL...I had to go back and look....I did not even notice the beer!....Are you checking guys butts out again Smacky...:laugher :p :p..:D