I WILL TRADE YOU the use of my sailboat for a slip and storage - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010

MooreVOLS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
My favorite part of the OP's requirements:

a pair of garden gnomes would have trouble using for a liaison of any nature.
Don't be bringing garden gnomes into this!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
C'mon - every one of you know that you'd have sex-fueled raves on this sweet little yacht if you got the slightest chance:

"I got my flippy-floppys
They as big as my boat."

Good luck thrilla. Never hurts to ask dude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 09-08-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-08-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
He's so generous as he has also posted this amazing offer elsewhere on the internet....

LINK which links to the local craigslist page... LINK

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-08-2010

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
y'all need to quit hatin'
sounds like a helluva deal to me. I wonder... maybe we can barter some.

Hey, I got this stinkpot that needs a real buffer job... Tellya what, I'll trade ya the use of your boat and my trailer for a buff job on my boat. Oh, yea, one more thing, if a crazycuban comes around, take her back to rehab, willya?

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 09-08-2010

mpickering is on a distinguished road
This beggars the question...

"If you are asking for the generous/insane individual you are looking for in this ad to provide a trailer, how are you getting the boat to the slip in the first place?"

You honestly expect someone to subsidize you a trailer and the use of a decent slip at a decent marina in exchange for the occasional use of a old daysailer?

Let me know when P.T. Barnum's preferred customer rolls by. I suspect you'll be waiting awhile.

Seriously, go find a used trailer and put her in a marina with a ramp on your own dime. Or buy your own slip access. Whichever way it goes, it will definitely cost more than the boat is worth. So what's in it for me that I can't get for less money and hassle on my own? If I have my own slip, as others have stated, I can afford to buy my own 16 footer and put her in there.

I get better terms with a timeshare. And that's saying a lot.

Matt
Star #6100
Annapolis, MD
Old 09-08-2010

jephotog is on a distinguished road
This post answers the question of why he can't get anyone willing to take him and out teach him hos to sail.
Is it easy to learn how to sail on your own?

At least this time he was kind enough to hit the return key once in a while with this post. I wonder if he had as many demands on those given the privilege of teaching him to sail.
Old 09-08-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephotog View Post
take him and out teach him hos to sail...
Dude, that's a 16 footer. He might could get one "ho" on it - but that's about it. And she ain't interested in learning to sail. Trust me.

I thought his first post was hilarious (your link). Still do.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 09-09-2010

ThrillerDillerSchwill is on a distinguished road
my rebuttle

I'm not delusional, or a troll, or from never never land, and I don't get beat up regularly. And I am also not a bastard either. I'm just a poor guy with a sailboat who wants to trade a slip and storage for the use of my boat. If I had a larger boat, I would still make the offer. I already have the boat at a dock, but it doesn't have side piers, and the dock gets taken in at the end of September. I'm not asking for showers or a concession stand. I just want to be able to take a poop if I need to and not trip on the dock at night. Anyway, I thought it was a fair deal. In this economy, I thought there would be a lot of people out there with bay front property with a dock who do not have a sailboat and would like to go out day sailing on a little boat. By the way, I have slept comfortably in my little cuddy cabin. It's a perfect boat for a couple or a single person. If you make the deal now, you can have the whole month of sailing to yourself, free. How about that! I am a very reasonable guy. I'll work with ya if you want to cut a deal. If you're a wine drinker, we make our own raspberry wine (although you can't drink while you're sailing), and I can throw in a couple of bottles of raspberry wine, a sweet desert wine. I also have a couple of fishing poles and crab cages that you are welcome to use. I am willing to work with ya. So, for all those of you who did nothing but disrespect me and ridicule my ad, why don't you make yourself useful and start up a Barnegat Bay or Jersey Shore group for me so that I can put the ad up for the people who may be interested. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ThrillerDillerSchwill; 09-09-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-09-2010

one more thing

DS-16s were manufactured by Schwill Yachts, Inc.
Old 09-09-2010

the last of my rebuttles

Thanks to SmackDaddy and BFS Gear for not acting like a little brat in second grade. Also, Mpickering said something about borrowing the trailer. The trailer would only be used for taking the boat out, putting it in, and for storage. The boat is already on the water at Barnegat Bay. I would sail her to her new location. you got it now. good. By the way, if you have a boat lift in your yard, that would be super, because then I could easily paint her bottom in the spring. Let me guess, somebody out there is going to make a comment about painting bottoms, right?