If someone gets killed in the middle of the ocean.... - Page 4 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010

trisstan87 is on a distinguished road
Yes there are three settlements on Mayaguana, each with it's own colorful name! The resort it a very small quaint place that is only visited by those who are a part of a certain grape vine. It is definently not advertised like Atlantis. Abrahams Bay is a large part of the reason for the development, they want to turn it into a massive harbor and any island that is going to be seriously developed first needs a large harbor for multiple reasons. The people there are some of the friendlist in the world (I have to believe at least) and while the Island its self is nothing spectacular by way of beauty (It is mostly arid shrubs and rock) go out 100' in to the surrounding waters and you will be treated to some of the most breath taking coral from here to the GBR. Acklin's is a bit more built up than Mayaguana or Inagua but you will no doubt have a blast. If you are doing a circuit make sure you visit Eleuthera if your going the round about way or the Abaco's if your continuing north.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2010
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Darn it, now I've got that "I'm missing it" feeling. Let's see, the youngest is out of college in 16 years, then we build the criusing kitty.... yikes! Seems like whole planet will be concrete and sidewalks by then!

Regards,
Brad
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
Old 09-10-2010

trisstan87 is on a distinguished road
16 years! We will most likely be sailing the seas of Titan by then! You could always just send the kiddies to boarding school, what with the advent of email and Skype you would hardly lose any connection at all!
Old 09-10-2010
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisstan87 View Post
Are you calling me a Jew???
Rest assured Boy, based upon what you have posted on this forum in your limited tenure thus far, no one here would pay you such a compliment.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Old 09-10-2010
TROUBLE

RTB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
If one suffered the loss of a crew at sea and had no way to preserve the body for interment ashore, one would, of course, have no choice but to bury the body at sea although that involves somewhat more than simply tossing the body overboard (at least if done properly) and must be thoroughly and completely logged or otherwise documented. It is not a pleasent subject to consider but one that should be discussed at some point in passage planning, particularly among couples.

FWIW...
Ugh, I had been thinking about this earlier this week. My wife and I are pushing 60. What if one of us has a heart attack, and happen to be a fair distance from any port...what would you do? It is not something one plans for when cruising, but imagine that moment. What is the "proper way" to bury a loved one at sea? I have joked with my wife, saying "just dump me overboard an feed the fishes". She does not find that amusing, of course. But it is something to consider, along with MOB, calling for rescue, and all the other possible things that might come along unexpectedly.
Old 09-10-2010

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
And after you have been buried at sea and thousands of years later... Just think! Some anthropologist will find your fossilized bones amongst all of those fish bones and think he/she found the very first human.

Maritime Instructor

S/V Rapture
Old 09-10-2010

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Dexter is a TV show about an ethical serial killer...
Ethical serial killer.
I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.
Old 09-10-2010

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy View Post
If someone gets killed in the middle of the ocean... What country would be responsible for prosecuting the murderer?
Ahhh, a classic philosophical riddle that raises the question of observation and knowledge, if someone was killed in the middle of the ocean and no one is around to see it................

Kinda like the tree in the forest

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies

Last edited by poopdeckpappy; 09-11-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-11-2010
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Quran Burning Story: This Is How The Media Embarrass Themselves
This whole story should have died in mid-ocean somewhere.

Everybody has one:

Old 09-11-2010

RobCross is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead View Post
Ethical serial killer.
I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.
I've only watched the 1st episode its definitely a different show, he basically cant control his "desires" but instead of killing innocents, he channels his focus on the less desirable members of society.