SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

RIP Dodge

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  ChuckA 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That is too bad... thoroughly enjoyed his book on the circumnavigation. Some cancers act amazingly quickly....

#5 ·
Damn... Fair winds Dodge, may the sea gods look after you.

#6 ·
Fair Winds Dodge

Sad News - Dodge was a really interesting guy. I have very fond memories of the last time we met while cruising Maine and anchored off his island. He rowed over and spent a good 3 hours just talking, kicking back a nice drink etc. What a gentleman! He gave us free reign to walk the island etc. Told us where the bald eagle lived and really made the stay there a treat.

#7 · (Edited)
I'll miss the salty humor in his regular contributions to Points East Magazine. In their September issue, he wrote about his 84 year old schooner, Eagle.

She offers standing headroom below for a person of four foot height. ... She does have an engine, a three-cylinder diesel mounted in full, open view next to the toilet bowl in the tiny aft cabin. It was a fine set up for a mechanic with diarrhea
but he was serious too

I cannot help but be surprised by her apparent uniqueness becasue she has been the same gal to me for 42 years.
Godspeed,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.