SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Irwin 52' video. You gotta' see this... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/68363-irwin-52-video-you-gotta-see.html)

CalebD 09-17-2010 09:47 PM

Irwin 52' video. You gotta' see this...

You might not believe it.
YouTube - The Oceanaire, a Custom Irwin Sailing Yacht

Found this on SBO cruiser's forum and thought of all you would appreciate the interior decoration skills and attention to details...

smackdaddy 09-17-2010 10:15 PM

Man that was painful.

If you have gold lamé lamps and peeing cupids in your cabin...you don't sail.

On the other hand, the mink duvets on the bunks were seriously pimpin'.

CharlieCobra 09-17-2010 11:15 PM

Maybe but the finish work was outstanding....

CalebD 09-17-2010 11:30 PM

I'll agree with Charlie on that point.
The finish work was outstanding...

jephotog 09-18-2010 12:00 AM

I am wondering if that was a soundtrack or that is just the house music playing on the boat 24-7?

I agree it is beautiful work, but no way it has ever left the slip since the remodel.

nasomi 09-18-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebD (Post 645202)
How many damn flat screen TV screens do you need on a 52' boat?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Extremely nice, but just how functional... They said it sailed in the comments though. I have to wonder how often she's really underway.

nasomi 09-18-2010 09:12 PM

My favorite comment:
Quote:

Amazing transformaton... but... it's still an Irwin.

theoceanaire 09-20-2010 07:17 AM

And now a word from the actual owners . . .

[QUOTE=CalebD;645168]You might not believe it.
YouTube - The Oceanaire, a Custom Irwin Sailing Yacht

The latitude of this video is around Orental, NC.
The attitude of the owners should be evident after viewing the video. Yes, it is two males that own this boat. You can fill in the blanks.
Makes for a wonderfully cozy floating apartment but I'd hate to take it away from the dock - ever, unless the gew-gaws and artwork are actually glued down.

Some cruising friends sent us the link to this discussion, So here we are to set things straight. Let US fill in the blanks. The latitude of the video is Bimini Bay, North Bimini, the Bahamas. Yes, we do sail, on a regular basis, from NYC to the Bahamas, via South Florida. Wonder no more, Nasomi and Jephotog, we have logged over 6000 miles since we purchased her several years ago and finished the refit. As to how many flat screens, guests want comfort and convenience too (3 cabins and the main salon = 4 flatscreens). Yes, just about everything is glued/bolted down, what isn't is put away, takes about 15-20 minutes. In our travels we met lots of sailing couples, and have found that if the cruising is like camping, one of them is usually a bit less . . . entusiastic. We live on her, so its a home. You really can have both, and we do. Now what was that about attitude?

smackdaddy 09-20-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoceanaire (Post 645842)
Let me fill in the blanks. Yes, we do sail, on a regular basis, from NYC to the Bahamas, via South Florida. Yes, everything is glued/bolted down, what isn't is put away, takes about 15-20 minutes. In our travels we met lots of sailing couples, and have found that if the cruising is like camping, one of them is usually a bit less . . . entusiastic. We live on her, so its a home. You really can have both, and we do. Now what was that about attitude?

I just wanna know if those were mink throws on the beds. Like I said...pimpin' baby!

Oh - and I'm glad to know everything is bolted/glued. Having a 300 lb stone Tibetan Bhudda dropping into the aft sack with you at 3 am is seriously bad mojo...mink or no mink.

Nice ride dude. Welcome to SN.

svHyLyte 09-20-2010 07:41 AM

Now that's a "Harbor Queen" eh?