Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010

dhays is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
i keep mine in eagle harbor by the ferry terminal on the hook the city has showers that cost about 25 per month to acess and free pump outs also free tender moorage ride ferry to work as a walk on only pay from seattle to home not bi to seattle and many shops within walking distance. there are boats from 22 to 60+ there. people are really nice. but must be set up for off grid solar, wind, and small gas or diesel genny or some combo thereof
Eagle Harbor is a fun place to visit. I know for a while the city was trying to get rid of some of the more derelict floating junkpiles that were anchored out in the harbor. They have any luck?
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2010
islander bahama 24

newhaul is on a distinguished road
derelict boats

for the most part yes depending on your view many are not worthy of moving i would scrap them however they are curent in registration so by legal def they are not derelict. and 5the main push was not eagle but appletree in kingston and yes they did clean things up. in both

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-02-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
If you like modern and fast cruisers have a look at the FOX 10.20.

They can deliver the boat to you in different stages, as you wish.

That's a Charles Bertan design. He is one of the most talented new generation French designers.

Voiles et Voiliers : Chantier - Finissez-le vous-même ! : FoX 10.20, le croiseur sportif rusé

RLM COMPOSITES

Regards

Paulo
Old 10-02-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Two more:

This one is smaller (7.5m) but it comes complete, like a puzzle. They talk about 6 hours for assembling it (200 pieces) and 6 days for a finished boat, painted and all.

OroO/ Oro'o: Un voilier monocoque en kit !

This one is bigger (10.8m) and come with a numeric Kit. That means that you give those instructions to a computer aided saw machine and the wood pieces are cut with the right measure.

LNM Boats - Kit Numérique

LNM Boats - Voilier - SeaRacer 35'

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-03-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-02-2010
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
John, unless you have lots of time and special skills (and you say you don't have time) and want to do something terribly special...I'd say forget about it!

The number of half-built and abandoned kit boats on the market over the years has finally dried up as people just stopped trying to build them. And the folks who did build them? Have long ago found out that when the time comes--when not if--that you want to sell the boat, "home built" has much less value than "stock".

What you may save up front you will lose at the other end, un;ess you are trying to do something labor- and skill-intensive, like building a one-off steel boat of a type that's simply not mass marketed and not available any other way.

Buy an old plain boat, throw out the worn out stuff, rebuild and refit the rest. You'll put in much less labor, get much more value, and when you want to do something really odd like, insure it? You'll have a much easier time there too.