SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hunter 34 performance

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SpcAlan1 
#1 · (Edited)
Need some info from all the experts here. I am going to be sailing on a Hunter 34 this upcoming weekend. I think it's a mid 80's for the year, maybe mid 90's though not really sure. Lookling for information on sailing characteristics and how they perform. Going to be sailing from Pikes Bay in Wisconsin through the Apostles and then ending up in Spirit Lake just south of Duluth. Winds are forecast to be in the 6-10kt range for the weekend. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

CB :cool:

#2 ·
I have an '83, should be a good sail. The boat is a bit tender but once it heels over is very stable. At about 10 knots the boat balances well, I rarely have to touch the wheel. If the wind picks up towards 15 knots you'll want to put a reef in the main. I can hold mine to about 30 degrees off apparent wind.

#4 ·
I am no expert, but for what it is worth with winds 6 to 10 kts it will be very nice and no effort. As stated above she is a bit tender and I reef at 15kts just for the comfort aspect. If we have no guest we leave full sails at 15 to 20kts, get in the groove and go....:D
We have an '87 H34

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.