Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010

daveneiter is on a distinguished road
I'm sure many parts of Mexico are filled with fine people, as is most of the world. There are parts of all major cities that most folks should stay away from.
At least until season opens on bad guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2010

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiffyLube View Post
They haven't participated in "any" overseas military adventures, not even during WWII (except for one air fighter squadron WWII), and that was the world wide war of all wars. If we took half of the Mexican territory way back in the days of Manifest Destiny the U.S. wouldn't have paid them for it, the U.S. would have just taken it. What's with this historical "sensitivity" stuff? Mexico sold it, the U.S. bought it...I haven't forgotten how we got that land. I'd hate to think what all that land would look like today if Mexico still owned it!
Now wait a minute JiffyLube, I used to think your way, but I think we can make this ancestrial mistreatment raperation stuff work for us!

Lets explore this together...C'mon eveybody!

As a Christian I will need raperations from Rome, they fed a lot of Christians to the Lions and that makes me mad.

I have some Scott and Irish blood in me, I'll need some DOUBLE raperations from England. All that invading and colonization might have negatively affected my ancesters and at least I'm here to collect their payback.

I'm also of English and Polish decent I'll need another double raperation check but this time from Germany! As a matter of fact Germany should send me a case of checks due to those little flare ups they caused in the teens and again in the forties! Think of all those cool cars that could have been turned into hot rods today if we hadn't melted them down for military equipment to SAVE THE WORLD!!!(No problem world, we know how much you all love and back us )

Now I'm part German too, so I think...yeah!...Rome! I'll need another check for what you did to my German ancestors! You went to war with inocent peace loving woodsman of the north and turned them into warriors! Look what they did with that knowledge!

In review I see that almost everyone in my ancestory basically didn't like each other! How do I exist? Should I be angry at myself? No, I think I should buy myself something nice to say I'm sorry...And then I should get myself something nice to say thanks! Wow I solved my own problem!....But I STILL WANT THOSE CHECKS!!!
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Old 10-12-2010
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhorton View Post
I had to laugh at the racist views posted above, mindless opinions straight out of Glen Beck or Rush L. Highly emotional words with no factual content.
I didn't read any racist views.
Old 10-12-2010
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffiill View Post
Its us that have created that demand whether legally from the pain relief that was refined from these natural products or more latterly the illegal street drugs we demand.
Who is us? I'm not buying the stuff, and none of the people I know are either. I did my share of smoking back in the 70's, but not since then. I think the root of all these drug problems that we have today, was started by the same generation that's trying to tell their adult kids and grand kids to stay away for that stuff.
Old 10-12-2010

sck5 is on a distinguished road
"What's with this historical "sensitivity" stuff? Mexico sold it, the U.S. bought it"

Yeah, with the entire US army sitting in Mexico City literally pointing guns at them after defeating the Mexican army. Not quite the same thing as a voluntary sale.
Old 10-12-2010
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sck5 View Post
"What's with this historical "sensitivity" stuff? Mexico sold it, the U.S. bought it"

Yeah, with the entire US army sitting in Mexico City literally pointing guns at them after defeating the Mexican army. Not quite the same thing as a voluntary sale.
You're entitled to your opinion of how it happened, but it doesn't mean squat anymore. It's done, it's over with. This thread had to do with Piracy Reports, not who owns what.

Did you hear about the latest news of the lead Mexican investigator in the Mexican lake murder getting beheaded? These drug cartels are getting worse than our troops are fighting overseas, and if our boys come home I'll bet their next action will be seen on our borders.

Last edited by JiffyLube; 10-14-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2010

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
What about this purchase of land? We payed decendants of the Spanish Conquistadors. They conquered the Aztecs. The Aztecs, Toltecs and Chicimecas probably killed a lot of Oaxacas, Mixtecs, Zapotecs and Mayans to run Mexico. These civilizations most likely conquered the 1st significant civilization in Mexico, the Olmecs. So lets see, If the original habitants of the area we call Mexico are to get paid a "fair" price for their ancestrial lands then we must 1st seperate 90% of Mexicos' population which is Spanish decent and then have THEM pay the decendants of the original indigineous tribes who make up 10% of Mexicos population, the Sapnish decendants can then go back to Spain leaving Mexico to it's original tribes. Those tribes then should all filter the funds back to the decendants of the Olmec civilization.

Oh but wait...Thats way too involved and simply foolish. It's easier to just jump on the band wagon and try to shake down the good Ol' USA for cash and handouts. While the "Mexicans" arguments are just as foolish to many of us it is popular thing to do, and there are many self loathing Americans who reside right here that will help them.

Crazy man!
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.

Last edited by swampcreek; 10-12-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: correct a figure
Old 10-13-2010
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
What about this purchase of land? We payed decendants of the Spanish Conquistadors. They conquered the Aztecs. The Aztecs, Toltecs and Chicimecas probably killed a lot of Oaxacas, Mixtecs, Zapotecs and Mayans to run Mexico. These civilizations most likely conquered the 1st significant civilization in Mexico, the Olmecs. So lets see, If the original habitants of the area we call Mexico are to get paid a "fair" price for their ancestrial lands then we must 1st seperate 90% of Mexicos' population which is Spanish decent and then have THEM pay the decendants of the original indigineous tribes who make up 10% of Mexicos population, the Sapnish decendants can then go back to Spain leaving Mexico to it's original tribes. Those tribes then should all filter the funds back to the decendants of the Olmec civilization.

Oh but wait...Thats way too involved and simply foolish. It's easier to just jump on the band wagon and try to shake down the good Ol' USA for cash and handouts. While the "Mexicans" arguments are just as foolish to many of us it is popular thing to do, and there are many self loathing Americans who reside right here that will help them.

Crazy man!
Here here!
Old 10-13-2010

sck5 is on a distinguished road
"shake down the good ole USA"

Is THAT what it is called when the US army invades a country and annexes half of it? After the US elected a President who ran on a platform of expanding our territory to the Pacific at the expense of the Mexicans? THEY are shaking down US?

Black is white! Up is down! Night is day!

I dont want to give the land back at all but this level of historical ignorance is really amazing. You need to go back to fifth grade my friend. Historical facts are historical facts, not opinions. Here is a start for you

Mexican–American War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-13-2010
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
Facts

I didn't see you address the facts in Swampcreek's post. What about the poor Indians that were taken advantage by the Spanish? What about the last tribe that took advantage of the second to the last tribe? What about......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sck5 View Post
"shake down the good ole USA"

Is THAT what it is called when the US army invades a country and annexes half of it? After the US elected a President who ran on a platform of expanding our territory to the Pacific at the expense of the Mexicans? THEY are shaking down US?

Black is white! Up is down! Night is day!

I dont want to give the land back at all but this level of historical ignorance is really amazing. You need to go back to fifth grade my friend. Historical facts are historical facts, not opinions. Here is a start for you

Mexican–American War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.