Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sck5 View Post
"What's with this historical "sensitivity" stuff? Mexico sold it, the U.S. bought it"

Yeah, with the entire US army sitting in Mexico City literally pointing guns at them after defeating the Mexican army. Not quite the same thing as a voluntary sale.
A war Mexico arguably started.

Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-13-2010
Back to just the Jon boat

therapy23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
What about this purchase of land? We payed decendants of the Spanish Conquistadors. They conquered the Aztecs. The Aztecs, Toltecs and Chicimecas probably killed a lot of Oaxacas, Mixtecs, Zapotecs and Mayans to run Mexico. These civilizations most likely conquered the 1st significant civilization in Mexico, the Olmecs. So lets see, If the original habitants of the area we call Mexico are to get paid a "fair" price for their ancestrial lands then we must 1st seperate 90% of Mexicos' population which is Spanish decent and then have THEM pay the decendants of the original indigineous tribes who make up 10% of Mexicos population, the Sapnish decendants can then go back to Spain leaving Mexico to it's original tribes. Those tribes then should all filter the funds back to the decendants of the Olmec civilization.

Oh but wait...Thats way too involved and simply foolish. It's easier to just jump on the band wagon and try to shake down the good Ol' USA for cash and handouts. While the "Mexicans" arguments are just as foolish to many of us it is popular thing to do, and there are many self loathing Americans who reside right here that will help them.

Crazy man!
Yep.

Old 10-13-2010

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
sck5. You amuse me. Going so soon to personal attacks? Your're not playing nice. Bad boy. You try to put to question my educational pedigree? Is that anyway to conduct yourself in a free flowing exchange of ideas? I know, I know, your liberal guidence units programed you to avoid actual issues and go personal, but you should at least try to think and open your mind to a different view or angle (even if you go till it hurts just a little) maybe address people respectfully, you know what? You might discover truth around that sick twisted liberal haze you're trapped in. You may start to feel better about yourself. You might, just maybe...Start to like America! Yes! Maybe even be proud to be an American! You may even find Americas enemies as actual adversaries to confront and not people to grovel and apologize to! I know president "Bow-N-Kiss" does it but he's a clown and he is wrong to do that. Ok, ok, I'm sorry if I scared you, I know it's a little much all at once, but I did type slowly so you could follow along.
It's ok if you need to sit down, you can even meditate. here I'll start you off...Got your sandalwood incense lit...well hurry up! We don't have forever! Ok ready, set, GO!...Obaaamaaaraaaamaaa, ramamamaobamarama, owa, owa, ooowwaaahhh owatafooleyeam! There better now? I thought so.

Here is a visual aid as to what you might want to look out for! Well at least its funny!

YouTube - "The Three Terrors"
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.

Last edited by swampcreek; 10-13-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: add link
Old 10-13-2010

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Swamp, I'm dying here, that post was funny as hell, good form mun

Freedom comes when you’re ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you don’t have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Old 10-13-2010

daveneiter is on a distinguished road
Way to go swampcreek!
I agree. I'm Jewish, German, and a few others........those checks should be a better retirement than social security.

By the way, what is the "pirate situation" off the Mexican coast?
Old 10-14-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Well, the Cartels have escalated the situation down in Mexico... they killed the investigator responsible for looking into the recent killing...

Mexican Drug Gang Decapitates Investigator in Homicide of American David Hartley - ABC News

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-14-2010
islander bahama 24

newhaul is on a distinguished road
didnt mean to start a war on here with my post heres the latest the sherif said it was case of mistaken identy. (yea right)
Sheriff: Jet Ski killing blamed on mistaken identity - World news - Americas - msnbc.com

Old 10-14-2010
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
didnt mean to start a war on here with my post heres the latest the sherif said it was case of mistaken identy. (yea right)
Sheriff: Jet Ski killing blamed on mistaken identity - World news - Americas - msnbc.com
The part of that new link that cracked me up was "A damage control campaign is currently under way, led by Los Zetas No. 2, Miguel 'Z-40' Trevino Morales, to identify and eliminate those who engaged the Hartleys without proper authorization," according to the report.

Are they trying to tell us drug gangs feel they have a responsiblity and an image to protect so no one thinks bad of them?...LOL

Last edited by JiffyLube; 10-14-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2010
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
What about this purchase of land? We payed decendants of the Spanish Conquistadors. They conquered the Aztecs. The Aztecs, Toltecs and Chicimecas probably killed a lot of Oaxacas, Mixtecs, Zapotecs and Mayans to run Mexico. These civilizations most likely conquered the 1st significant civilization in Mexico, the Olmecs. So lets see, If the original habitants of the area we call Mexico are to get paid a "fair" price for their ancestrial lands then we must 1st seperate 90% of Mexicos' population which is Spanish decent and then have THEM pay the decendants of the original indigineous tribes who make up 10% of Mexicos population, the Sapnish decendants can then gMexico'so back to Spain leaving Mexico to it's original tribes. Those tribes then should all filter the funds back to the decendants of the Olmec civilization.

Oh but wait...Thats way too involved and simply foolish. It's easier to just jump on the band wagon and try to shake down the good Ol' USA for cash and handouts. While the "Mexicans" arguments are just as foolish to many of us it is popular thing to do, and there are many self loathing Americans who reside right here that will help them.

Crazy man!
Don't ever call a Spaniard 'Mexican'...they hate that!
Old 10-31-2010

tkawika is on a distinguished road
FYI... Murders by Country