SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

The Winds of Southwest Florida

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BigRed56 
#1 ·
I am a long time Chesapeake sailor who is thinking of moving to southwest Florida. Can anyone tell me what kind of winds to expect there? Up here I know that the best sailing is in the spring and the fall. There is no wind in the summer and it is too cold in the winter. Occasionally there will be a late afternoon or evening breeze in the summer if one wants to go for a quick sail at that time. This is the level of information I would like for southwest Florida. Thanks.

#3 ·
Ahoy , The Pirate of Pine Island says the wind blows almost all the time. Day night afternoon evening 5 to 60 mph. on any given day
Thunderstorms, water spouts and razor sharp keels cutting the backs of Manatee''s are just some of the delightfull aspects of SW Florida. Plus Cuba and the Spice Islands are jut a hop skip and a reach away so all good Pirates can enjoy the umm umm... shall we say the uninhibited and illegal in most states kinds of fun we Pirates so enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.