SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Click, watch, discuss. Repeat. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/69160-click-watch-discuss-repeat.html)

billsull 10-18-2010 04:32 AM

Click, watch, discuss. Repeat.

These folks had a great adventure and managed to make awesome video at the same time, IMHO!

Hold Fast on Vimeo

BubbleheadMd 10-18-2010 05:31 AM

Seen it already. Didn't bother posting the link over here in SN.

SimonV 10-18-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd (Post 655467)
Seen it already. Didn't bother posting the link over here in SN.

And what gives you the right to restrict what the rest of us get informed about. You may have seen it, but I for one had not and I suspect others here may be somewhat interested to watch it. Oh too be young and that free, now days I like my luxuries...and a big sharp knife.

TintedChrome 10-18-2010 08:19 AM

Just watched this with the girlfriend last night, actually..

I was expecting them to be a lot less competent than they were - great documentary.

As an added bonus, this made her want to come cruising with me even more :D

BubbleheadMd 10-18-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonV (Post 655490)
And what gives you the right to restrict what the rest of us get informed about. You may have seen it, but I for one had not and I suspect others here may be somewhat interested to watch it. Oh too be young and that free, now days I like my luxuries...and a big sharp knife.

In what way did I restrict your right to view the video?

I didn't thrust it in front of you, but I sure as hell didn't prevent you from finding and viewing it on your own, nor did I prevent (or attempt to prevent) the OP from posting the link to it.

Since when is it my responsibility to keep SN up to date on all the goings-on in the sailing world? An omission is not restriction or censure.

SimonV 10-18-2010 09:07 AM

My mistake, read it as "Don't bother posting it here on SN" not "Didn't" Hey its late. I too haunt other sights but SN is home so I would try to bring good stuff here for the crew.

BubbleheadMd 10-18-2010 09:17 AM

Ah, ok. No worries brother. I was pretty confused by your angst. :)

I didn't bother posting it because the discussion inevitably breaks down into two camps:

1. Those smelly hippies are slipshod seamen and a hazard to navigation.
2. Those kids are out there living the dream, good on them.

SlowButSteady 10-18-2010 12:19 PM

Who says that youth is wasted on the young?

johnnyandjebus 10-18-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowButSteady (Post 655651)
Who says that youth is wasted on the young?

The old and cranky :laugher

To the OP thanks for posting this, got any more?

hellosailor 10-18-2010 10:18 PM

A most excellent adventure, and proof that the gods protect madmen and fools. To do that today and not get arrested....I didn't think it was possible any more.