Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Man, this is a tough crowd! Where's l'amour?

Aaaa, Jack...I don't mind the French. It's just those pesky Parisians that give the country un œil noir.

And Chall, dude, if I'm going to buy water it better do something....like bubble and fizz and stuff. Otherwise, what the hell? I'll just drink outta the hose.

As for the desk, all the crap is on the floor just out of frame.

Now let's see some pics you chumps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Heh-heh. I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. That's why I was sure to show the rum in the last pic...to balance things out, you see.

I love Perrier! If you don't like it, bite Dog!
Down here we have these things called 'taps', also known in some more barbaric corners of the earth as 'faucets'. One manipulates this 'tap' and a cool refreshing thankfully non carbonated liquid is dispensed. This is a truely remarkable product, one could even be forgiven for thinking of it as God given. In its raw state a refreshing drink, boiled it will turn leaves into a hot flavoured beverage indeed by adding certain animal and vegetable products it will morph into a sustaining meal. Reduce its temperature and it sets into solid rocks that can be used to augment the likes of Vodka and Whiskey without turning such medicinal drops into fizzy giggle juice.

Perrie bloody water indeed. Shoot...the man probably wears those silly shirts with crocodiles on them as well......

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 10-18-2010
... a logical conclusion

Sequitur is on a distinguished road

I post from wherever I can snipe a free wifi signal with my RogueWave antenna and onboard wireless router. Currently I'm sitting at Sequitur's nav station out on the far edge of the mooring field of the Yacht Club Peruano in La Punta, Callao, Peru.

1908 Wildschut Skūtsje

Old 10-18-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Sequitur comes along and blows away the field! And I've seen how you guys eat. You're doing just fine pal!

If only you had some Perrier.

Old 10-18-2010
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Down here we have these things called 'taps', also known in some more barbaric corners of the earth as 'faucets'. One manipulates this 'tap' and a cool refreshing thankfully non carbonated liquid is dispensed. This is a truely remarkable product, one could even be forgiven for thinking of it as God given. In its raw state a refreshing drink, boiled it will turn leaves into a hot flavoured beverage indeed by adding certain animal and vegetable products it will morph into a sustaining meal. Reduce its temperature and it sets into solid rocks that can be used to augment the likes of Vodka and Whiskey without turning such medicinal drops into fizzy giggle juice.

Perrie bloody water indeed. Shoot...the man probably wears those silly shirts with crocodiles on them as well......
Dude, just throw an anti-malarial tablet in Perrier, mix in a little Boodles and you have nice G&T. Anyway, if it doesn't come in a plastic bottle, we Yanks don't know what to do with it.

Old 10-18-2010

dhays is on a distinguished road
Not up to Smack standards...

Here is where I SN at the office between patients. Since I don't live the life of leisure, I never have time to clean my desk.
Attached Thumbnails
Where do you SN?-2010-10-18_18-11-07_554.jpg  
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
Old 10-18-2010

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Man, this is a tough crowd! Where's l'amour?

Aaaa, Jack...I don't mind the French. It's just those pesky Parisians that give the country un œil noir.

And Chall, dude, if I'm going to buy water it better do something....like bubble and fizz and stuff. Otherwise, what the hell? I'll just drink outta the hose.

As for the desk, all the crap is on the floor just out of frame.

Now let's see some pics you chumps!
Hands off the French.......We Aussies have a special affinity for the french. Hello people 32 hour working week with 3-4 hours a day for lunch????

They take even more holidays than us Aussies, they drink more than anyone else in the world and everytime they get the shites with anything they have a nationally protected right to just strike and whine for the day.......

And Smack......Le Madame is here looking over my shoulder as she sometimes likes to do.... and she would like me to point out that with a bit of sugar and grapes and a couple of years in a damp tunnel they also make stuff that bubbles and fizzes the crap out of your Perrier......

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

Old 10-18-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Dude, just throw an anti-malarial tablet in Perrier, mix in a little Boodles and you have nice G&T. Anyway, if it doesn't come in a plastic bottle, we Yanks don't know what to do with it.
oh no this is just too much...not only does he drink Perrier but he drinks it out of a PLASTIC bottle.......tsk tsk.....Perrier out of plastic....deary deary me.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 10-18-2010
Last Man Standing

Bonsoir Madame Chall! And touché.

However, as for keeping my "hands off the French"...that depends entirely upon the French in question. They do have some hotties.

(PS - they do work far too much for my taste)

Old 10-18-2010

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Madame Chall is still in too close proximity for me to comment on that

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller