Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010

swiftbreeze is on a distinguished road
The image is valid.

--

birdpepper, enjoy Volleyball Beach.

good luck & fair winds!
Old 11-08-2010
Banned

birdpepper is on a distinguished road
What do you need to feel confident about? I went there, got real information, learned alot about expectations and local's feelings. In a nutshell, it is very apparent to me that cheap, free loading, polluting cruisers are not going to be very welcome. But, cruisers that add value, abide by the rules and spend money will be embraced with open arms. After learning the ropes I will absolutely report any cruiser that I hear of pumping their waste in the harbour, bringing their own booze onto Volleyball Beach etc. I am not going to hide behind some "Cruiser Code of Ethics" and turn a blind eye.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010
Banned

Who is coming to George Town November - April? Please list name of vessel and current location.
Old 11-08-2010

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the current info, bird.
Old 11-08-2010
Banned

You are most welcome. It was a good trip and I am happy that I made it happen. The information that I acquired coupled with the goodwill generated and relationships made will pay dividends. I am sure of it.
Old 11-09-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Fun thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 11-09-2010

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
I think the problem here is lack of knowledge, or what use to be lack of knowledge. You have went from some off the wall ideas. To a much better understanding of what it will take to cruise. As some posted it is most likely going to cost to just get there.

I myself am not a Georgetown kind of person. I like to be among less people. Although I did enjoy and meet wonderful people while there. We used Georgetown to drop off ,meet, and drop off again family.

Although even in Georgetown you can getaway. We had a fantastic walk over to the windward side of Stocking Island. We used the dink also to get away. Getting down just south of the anchorage to some exploring.

I would take all of Vasco's knowledge. I think he's an honorable mayor, or something . His knowledge, is huge of the situation there. You will have to admit. You did not put yourself in a good light. I am sure you will understand more completely once you get there. BEST WISHES in enjoying the Bahamas. I miss them dearly.

I also believe the fishing permit comes with the cruising permit, but you have to ask for it. I spent over 4 seasons sailing in, and out of the Bahamas. Most of my gallery pics are the Bahamas. Do not be in a rush to get there. Once you leave Nassau there's tons to see, and do well before Georgetown, and past Georgetown too.........i2f
Attached Images

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 11-09-2010
Banned

Thank you very much for sharing IMAGINE.

I am curious that more people are not chyiming in. I wonder if they will be bypassing George Town this year with the new rules that are being bandied about? Are some cruisers looking for a "cheaper" anchorage? Or, are many taking a season off due to the economy?

It would be great if some George Town "vets" chimed in!
Old 11-09-2010
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road
Not every one on here cruises. Could check Cruisers Forum for that.... Some of us are just lowly lake sailors who's season is now over.....

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

Old 11-09-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
We weren't at all interested on Georgetown, favoring smaller islands. To be honest, G-town is great if you want to meet other cruisers. If all we wanted to do is meet other cruisers we would have stayed in Vero Beach. We headed for some of the smaller keys (cays) in the Exumas, and then the Out Islands, to meet more Bahamians.