SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Which boat do you really want? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/69285-boat-do-you-really-want.html)

toxicdebt 10-22-2010 08:24 AM

Which boat do you really want?

I think most people will have a "dream" boat in mind. One that they can realisticly hope to own in their life (without winning the lotto). So, which one is it?

cgaskell 10-22-2010 08:31 AM

The HMS Bounty together with a faithful crew. But then again, I would have liked to live back then too... Today I would love a Wally!

BluemanSailor 10-22-2010 08:32 AM

a custom boat built exactly the way I wanted it..

bljones 10-22-2010 09:09 AM

Only one?

tommays 10-22-2010 09:20 AM

I really wanted my first 1981 J24 i bought it new which at about 17k was not as out of reach as boat prices are now

I was out getting beat up on my old boat as the norm and saw these at the time strange looking flush deck boats always going to weather so well i had to have one

I am a bit older now and got hooked on Cal 29s and NEW is not that inportant to me anymore as a family we like the cockpit space / cabin space tradeoff

WanderingStar 10-22-2010 09:52 AM

I'm lucky, I own my dream boat, a cruising ketch. While I sometimes envy prettier boats, I'm so happy with mine that I don't think I would trade her even if possible.

cgaskell 10-22-2010 10:08 AM

i think if we humans weren't greedy or jealous by nature, the thread would have a few similar answer to wandering star's! i own a boat, which in itself is a dream, and have no intention of ever trading that one! but for some unbeknownst reason, i seem to find myself wanting another one as well. a project, of course! don't think the HMS Bounty is restorable though. perhaps a van de stadt glass slipper??

kwaltersmi 10-22-2010 11:00 AM

Plenty of dream boats sail through my mind when I close my eyes, but the dream boat that occupies my waking hours is my good old Irwin...too many memories and miles beneath the keel to say she hasn't made many dreams a reality. She's sound, she's paid for, she suits our needs. What more could I ask for?

QuickMick 10-22-2010 11:00 AM

as ive mentioned in other threads i kinda fell in love with these:

Cheoy Lee sailboats for sale by owner.

particularly the lee perry designs...

jephotog 10-22-2010 11:14 AM

You had to thrown in the wrench "without winning the lotto" which means I have to answer I already have my dream boat A 14' Potter as it is all I can afford.

Lets throw out the lotto stipulation and change the question to boat(s).

A 40 foot cruiser to cruise then leave for the season. A Cheoy Lee would be nice. Hans Christian would also be a nice way to go.

A 30' PHRF boat for playing around home. With enough money to race it. A J92 would be nice.

These are all within reach as I buy lotto tickets whenever I am in a state that sells them.