Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Have fun Minnie,,,stay safe....send lots of pictures

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
It rains in Maine?

I don't recall this in the brochure. Looks to be our fate for the next several days.

Unfortunately, I picked up a bit of a stomach bug and am not feeling great, so today's a good down day. We have a good 3G signal and a book. Listening to the rain on the cabin top is actually relaxing. All good.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 06-12-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I don't recall this in the brochure. Looks to be our fate for the next several days.

Unfortunately, I picked up a bit of a stomach bug and am not feeling great, so today's a good down day. We have a good 3G signal and a book. Listening to the rain on the cabin top is actually relaxing. All good.
Where are you guys? If you need a mooring in Casco Bay for a few days let me know...

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 06-12-2011

DoubleEnder is on a distinguished road
I "LOVE" Maine!

Don't forget Port Clyde in Muscongus Bay. If you want a fun day trip from there you can catch the mail boat out to Monhegen Island for the day (great hikes and art ..as its an artists community)

Here we are at the dock last year.

Brian
Old 06-12-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Where are you guys? If you need a mooring in Casco Bay for a few days let me know...
Thanks very much, MaineSail. We will be poking around Penobscot Bay this week and heading your way next week. Will let you know. No firm plans other than a return date to RI.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEnder View Post
[SIZE="4"]......catch the mail boat out to Monhegen Island for the day (great hikes and art ..as its an artists community).......
When we leave Penobscot, we are thinking of a sail out there ourselves. Will depend on Wx. Thanks.

Jeanneau 54DS

Old 06-12-2011

dtmacmilla is on a distinguished road
I have vacationed close by here:

How to Reach Us - Midcoast Maine Power and Sail Yacht Charters - Penobscot Bay Marina Services

for 20 years - in a small waterfront cabin built, owned by, and with a friend from my days of training as a surgeon. Our families have always enjoyed the time we have spent there. no boring times at all, what with the local activities. We have spent literally hours admiring the various yachts moored in the generous harbor. We have hiked, bird-watched, and enjoyed the local yacht club racing activities (Ensigns) without ever getting bored.

i recently bought a cruiser (B423) and am imagining/planning a trip there in the future, from the southern Chesapeake bay(maybe i need to fully retire first).

i would not hesitate to pick up a mooring in Buck's Harbor, if I were you.

email me if you want more info...

and get well soon

V/R
DT MacMillan
SV So Vein
Old 06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Bah's is a full ***** five stars from both my wife and I. I even bought a Bah's Bakery hat.. Perhaps the best breakfast spot on the coast. Eclectic and very tasty...
I am sitting in Bah's right now! Unbelievably fantastic. We were the first in the door and and got the full tour of their options. We split a quiche (excellent and I'm not a big quiche guy), a peach scone and apple turnover. I do not exaggerate when I say the best ever! We can't eat more, but are taking a couple of blueberry muffins to go for tomorrow.

We left Camden on Mon (I killed the stomach bug with a good dose of vitamin B at Cappys Chowder House..... Beer). Through the Fox Island Thoroughfare to Seal Bay for the night. Then on to Isle au Haut on Tues. Rained all day, so we were hunkered down. We did hit our personal best on the crossing (10.2kts). Screaming. Honestly, I suspect the speed wheel is touch generous, since that exceeds hull speed. Yesterday morning

Jeanneau 54DS

Old 06-16-2011

Having some iPad trouble....... Yesterday, we sailed/ motored against a northerly up to Castine and grabbed a guest mooring at the Castine Yacht Club. What a current! A couple of beers at Dennets, then dinner at Stellas, which I also highly recommend!

We're heading out of the bay today, there just isn't enough time to see it all. We have to at least pretend we are heading west toward home one of these days.

Not sure about next wifi access, so cheers for now.

Jeanneau 54DS

Old 06-16-2011
old guy :)

rikhall will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
We're heading out of the bay today, there just isn't enough time to see it all.
If my memory serves me, I think my first comment when you said "a couple of weeks in the area" was - you could spend months there!

Have a super time.

Rik