Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010

tommays will become famous soon enough
First i hope your health keeps getting better

I am not into regreting having two great children and dont feel tied down by it

I am able to spend plenty of time having fun on the water with people of all ages and do so as much as 4 times a week

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2010
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Be well I2F, sorry to hear of your troubles and happy to know you're on the mend. Good to hear from you again and thanks for the photos.
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 11-03-2010

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
tc,

Great questions,

Your questions are why I started the thread. The whole point of the thread was to get people thinking. Of course we need to be financially self suffecient. Either earning money along the way, or having some sort of income coming in.

Not all of us wish to cruise. Some find pleasure sailing the bouys. While others have no desire to cross an ocean, but wish to do coastal sailing. We all get through life differently, and horror comes to mind if every boat wished to cruise. For those that wish to cruise I am just implanting some thoughts to think about.

eryka,

That turquise water looks lovely!

bl,

I always love reading the reality on your posts.

CD,

If it was a bad ending I wouldn't burden the members with it. My fingers are crossed it will help ignite some serious thinking.......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 11-03-2010

The photo of our faces are from a week before we left. The one watching weather pass was from 8 years ago. I love the thought of Mel touching my head in that pic........i2f

Old 11-03-2010
Underwater Basket Weaver

TintedChrome is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
tc,

Great questions,

Your questions are why I started the thread. The whole point of the thread was to get people thinking. Of course we need to be financially self suffecient. Either earning money along the way, or having some sort of income coming in.

Not all of us wish to cruise. Some find pleasure sailing the bouys. While others have no desire to cross an ocean, but wish to do coastal sailing. We all get through life differently, and horror comes to mind if every boat wished to cruise. For those that wish to cruise I am just implanting some thoughts to think about.

i2f
I2F - well, these are questions I've been struggling a little with, but your post just helped to reaffirm that I'm doing the right thing and they're worth pursuing. Thanks again and best of luck!
Hull #37

I can't imagine mastering the skills involved here without a clearer understanding of who's going to be impressed.
Old 11-03-2010

Matvolver is on a distinguished road
I agree with TC in that I'm still getting finances under control (and still need a boat if I don't want to try swimming across the Pacific ), while trying to go to college for music, as well LOL! I2F, my mother is in the middle of several operations to remove several large masses from her head. Luckily, none have been cancerous so far, but I know what she had been going through with headaches and such. My prayers are with you. May the Wind always be at your back!
Old 11-03-2010

tommays,

You are doing exactly what you want, and you are blessed doing it. Your pics made me smile.....good on you young fella..........i2f

Old 11-03-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
I2F - I just reread your initial post and realized you're talking about something that happened only a few months ago! NOW it makes more sense. Hoping you bounce back quickly and are back on the water soon. Clearly, your verbal skills fine, your story was well told and gripping.
Old 11-03-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
TC, I'm guessing from the context you're Canadian? Cruising comes in all flavors. We've got a friend who keeps her boat in Georgian Bay and cruises 4 months/year; then returns to the US to work for 7 months. Can you do something similar - cruise seasonally and work in winter while living as inexpensively as you can to build up a kitty? Not sure what your profession is and whether this is practical for you, but it could be an option for getting cruising sooner?
Old 11-03-2010

Yes,

This has been since July. I started with information on our travels, and as more information came forward about my growth the more quiet I became. Finally today I got the news it is very confined. I have been wanting to type this thread for a month. I thought it best to only type it when there was good news.

I wanted it to be about sailing, and not about me. Now that I know I can return to the boat healthy. I can type the thread. I juat want to promote some thinking, and already it is working. It's about living life..........i2f

Last edited by imagine2frolic; 11-03-2010 at 04:31 PM.