Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011
Banned

SailaroundtheKeys is on a distinguished road
I've used Kamberra for years and it work great. I was never happy about the smell, but the stuff really works. An 8 ounce container lasts about 2 months and during that time I cannot detect any of the mold odors. However, I just found a new product that works even better and lasts longer and it cost less. I'm in love with the fragrance. It has a very mild and subtle citrus minty odor and removes all odors including dog and cat box. I found (deleted) on line and the price is less than Kanberra Gel.

Last edited by tdw; 08-03-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Commercial Self Promotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2011

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Did a search, couldn't find it.
Old 07-30-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
After reading Minniwaskas writings about the Kanneberrra gell I decoided 2 months ago to give it a try and like him am somewhat of a beleiver that it seems to have had some positive effect. We have noticed a difference in our head as well as the whole boat when she is locked up for any period of time.

Sitting in the last two weeks of oppressive heat here on the Chesapeake was the ultimate test. There was no smell when I opened the boat. In addition none of the clothes I had left on the boat had a "boat" smell Like others I wished the faint scent was pleasent.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 07-31-2011
Banned

SailaroundtheKeys is on a distinguished road
I found if on google, but the webpage is ******.com. This stuff is less expensive but smells great, like minty lemon citrus. We live and keep our Pearson in south FL where we have the damp Bahamas wind most of the season and rainy the rest of the time. I do have 1 of the solar vents. I must replace the rechargable c-cell battery every year. This combination works for us.

Last edited by tdw; 08-03-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Commercial Link Deleted
Old 07-31-2011

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Thank you both for the reviews.
Old 07-31-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
......In addition none of the clothes I had left on the boat had a "boat" smell.........
We've noticed the same. Of course, they never smell on the boat, but the moment they come out of the duffle at home, I always smelled the boat. Last time I brought clothes home, I was very surprised. No smell.

I have found that the gel works best when the space remains closed and air is well circulated. Air conditioning on is the best, the circulating dehumidifier works too. It is not as effective with all the hatches open when out at anchor.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 07-31-2011

dhays is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailaroundtheKeys View Post
I found if on google, but the webpage is purafyairgel.com. This stuff is less expensive but smells great, like minty lemon citrus. We live and keep our Pearson in south FL where we have the damp Bahamas wind most of the season and rainy the rest of the time. I do have 1 of the solar vents. I must replace the rechargable c-cell battery every year. This combination works for us.
I just put in an order for some. We'll see how it works.

Dave
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
Old 08-03-2011

Angry Undisclosed commercial interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailaroundtheKeys View Post
I found if on google, but the webpage is purafyairgel.com. This stuff is less expensive but smells great, like minty lemon citrus. We live and keep our Pearson in south FL where we have the damp Bahamas wind most of the season and rainy the rest of the time. I do have 1 of the solar vents. I must replace the rechargable c-cell battery every year. This combination works for us.
I'm normally a very mild mannered and polite forum member, but I have to cry ********. After I happened to see a second post by SailaroundtheKeys plugging PUR-A-FY Air Gel, I got suspicious.

SailaroundtheKeys has made 5 posts on SailNet. In 4 of them he has plugged PUR-A-FY Air Gel. In his profile he lists his occupation as "Customer Relations". Any guesses for what company?

His profile lists http//www.purafyairgel.com/ as his homepage.

SailaroundtheKeys profile says he is located in South Florida. Nature's Innovative Solutions LLC, the makers of PUR-A-FY AIR GEL, is located in Fort Lauderdale Florida.

Idiot that I am, I thought that the post I quoted above was a genuine, and unbiased, user review. It appears it was nothing more than a marketing ploy on the part of SailaroundtheKeys. My guess is that SailaroundtheKeys is really Richard C. Belmont, Owner and Manager of Nature's Innovative Solutions LLC.

Maybe I was fooled because of what he wrote above "I found it on Google, but the webpage is purafyairgel.com". If that isn't an intentional attempt to mislead, I don't know what is.

What really ticks me off is that based on his bogus review, I ordered his product! Even if his product is as great as he claims (which based on his behavior in the forum I would question), I refuse to trade with anyone who conducts their business in an underhanded way.
My Blog on
Old 08-03-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Dhays. I did think I smelled a rat. I also saw the multiple plugs from a new poster, but thought the newbie might just have been contributing what they knew. Let's see if SailaroundtheKeys comes back to defend themselves.

I did look at the purafy website and it was hard identify what the stuff is. IIRC, you had to provide your contact info to get some evidence. Kanberra certainly seems to be more above board at this point.

Also, I ordered the Kanberra refills, which saved a ton. The downside with the refill is the bag it comes in seems like you must use it all at once. I suppose you could keep extra in a different airtight container.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Dhays. I did think I smelled a rat. I also saw the multiple plugs from a new poster, but thought the newbie might just have been contributing what they knew. Let's see if SailaroundtheKeys comes back to defend themselves.
I just happened to see another of his posts last night, which raised my suspicions. I first thought the same as you, that he might be just contributing about a product he likes a lot (I've promoted the use of dehumidifiers a bunch of times). However, as soon as I started to check things out, it became obvious.

I'd love to be wrong. Maybe SailaroundtheKeys can correct my miss-perceptions? Doubt it.
My Blog on

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.