Join Date: Feb 2010
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 8
If some gel (or liquid, or whatever) is killing mold simply by releasing something into the air, I would be more than little concerned about what I (and my family) might be inhaling.
Think about it for a moment. Molds, and fungi in general, are pretty tough. They often live in very challenging environments, and are resistant to many conditions and substances which normally kill just about anything else. That is why molds can be so difficult to completely exterminate. Sure, wiping a moldy surface down with a bit of bleach will do them in, but that would be equivalent to one of us swimming in bleach.
So, if something is toxic enough for its vapors to kill off mold, I would suspect that those same vapors wouldn't do humans much good either (promotional claims/promises/half-truths notwithstanding). My bet is that this stuff either doesn't do a whole lot (other than smell nice), OR it does "work" and isn't very good for us to breathe.
Never forget them. Do something to prevent it from happening again.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt