SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   "The Arrival" - Short Sailing Film (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/70773-arrival-short-sailing-film.html)

ChicagoBella 12-20-2010 11:19 AM

"The Arrival" - Short Sailing Film

I have had the great pleasure of creating a short film following the 2010 Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac and the social/celebratory aspects of the race as the presenting sponsor, Veuve Clicquot. The film was shot in HD and the cinematography is simply beautiful, all the music was created just for this film.

Some have complained that it seems more of an ad then a documentary so the link has been deleted. However if you are still curious you can just go to vimeo.com and search for 2010 Race to Mackinac.

Annabella

SlowButSteady 12-20-2010 12:18 PM

Looks like more of a long commercial for Veuve Clicquot than a film about sailing.

sailingdog 12-20-2010 12:34 PM

I'd point out that there is a difference between yachting and sailing. One is a lifestyle, the other is a sport or activity.

john1066 12-20-2010 12:38 PM

That's an ad. I'm new here. Are ads allowed?

ChicagoBella 12-20-2010 12:59 PM

It is not an ad. It is a short film on the 2010 102nd Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac.

I am sorry if you do not like it- I thought it was beautifully done (maybe I am partial because I produced it).

The film's intent was to bring awareness to the Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac, the social aspects of the race (i.e. the Veuve Clicquot sponsorship) and to promote the community in general.

ChicagoBella 12-20-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailingdog (Post 678975)
I'd point out that there is a difference between yachting and sailing. One is a lifestyle, the other is a sport or activity.

Sailing can be a lifestyle. I am a marathon runner, and I have to live a certain way to be one (hence my lifestyle).

Yachting is a general term I used for sailing AND power boating....I know it is hard to believe that someone enjoys both.

flyingwelshman 12-20-2010 01:03 PM

Well made and interesting.

It did get a bit commercial towards the end - but I guess seeing as Veuve Clicquot paid for it, they're entitled.

ChicagoBella 12-20-2010 01:12 PM

Again, just so that it is 100% clear, we tried to make a piece that promoted the Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac, the Veuve Clicquot Sponsorship, Chicago Artists & Filmmakers and Mackinac Island.

I believe we succeeded in appeasing all parties involved while making an interesting short film.

john1066 12-20-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1066 (Post 678978)
That's an ad. I'm new here. Are ads allowed?

I didn't say I didn't like it, I just said it was an ad.

john1066 12-20-2010 01:24 PM

Actually, the only reason I commented was that I'm trying to get to ten posts so I can post a link (non-commercial). I tried when I first joined but was prevented from so doing by the 'you must have ten posts before you can post a link' rule. How did you get round that one?