Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010

Shipislandpirate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Shipislandpirate
Key West for New Years....First Rounds on Us!!!

Ahoy Fellow Sailors.... My Girl and I are Freezing in Michigan.....Headed to Key West for New Years... Flying into Ft. Myers and then driving down to Key West for the weekend...Would love to meet up with fellow cruisers...Looking to meet new friends and explore the Keys on a day sail or over night cruise..

Fair Winds and A Happy New Year to All....

John and Jen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2010
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
My boat is buried beneath 10 inches of wet snow on Maryland's eastern shore--I know how you feel. With luck, both the boat and I will be spending NYE in Key West, probably anchored up somewhere near Mule Key.

Keep warm,

Gary
Old 12-30-2010

Shipislandpirate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Shipislandpirate
Key West for New Years...

Gary,

Wish you had said something sooner..I got a Snow Shovel and always willing to crew lol...Tell me about your boat...Will pm you my cell number and if you get anywhere near florida give me a shout...My girl and I are flying into Ft. Myers friday night. Thank God for cheap flights and renting a van to drive to Key West...Planned to sleep on the beach and drink pina colada's....And look at Sailboats...Jen has never been on a sailboat and I think I found me a keeper...So looking to trial by fire...

Best of luck on the trip down....And if anything should arise where you need any extra help or even a ride somewhere...Give me a shout!!

John and Jen...
Old 12-31-2010

GaryHLucas is on a distinguished road
Interesting thing about going to Key West. Three years ago we flew from NJ to Key West, and rented a car there. Three other couples flew to Miami, Ft Meyers etc., rented a car and drove down to Key West. Our air fare was slightly more, but we saved over $700, because the car rental in Key West was so cheap compared to the mainland!

Gary H. Lucas
Old 01-01-2011
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
John,

Just got home from my second NYE party of the day, sipping on a Margaretta and winding down before hitting the sack. Unfortunately, the 2010 and 2011 music schedule precludes me from making a mad dash down the ICW to the keys. It is etched in stone for the 2012 season, probably leave Maryland in early October and arrive by the end of the month if everything goes well. I'll be sailing a Morgan 33 Out Island, which is a lot like this old man. Not fast, but comfortable.

Key West is probably among the most expensive vacation resorts in the nation. The cost of lodging is outrageous, and the cost of a good meal is off the charts. Car rentals, on the other hand, are relatively inexpensive. I believe much of this may be due to the heavy competition in the rental businesses. Everything in Key West can be rented. Well, most everything.

Cheers,

Gary

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.