Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2010

St Anna is on a distinguished road
OK, sorry, I have 'em mixed up.
I havent got CH for years so am unaware of what JK said. CH is a NSW Yaffa publishing, is it not?
and yes, landlocked.....
why arent you workin, you lazy git?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2010
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
I really like PS, but I'm disappointed that my subscription doesn't allow me to access back issues without paying extra.
Old 12-29-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Anna View Post
OK, sorry, I have 'em mixed up.
I havent got CH for years so am unaware of what JK said. CH is a NSW Yaffa publishing, is it not?
and yes, landlocked.....
why arent you workin, you lazy git?
ah, but I am, sort of. Installing new auto pilot and solar panels before we bugger off for a few weeks. Had hoped to disappear New Years Eve, still looking to get down to Jervis.

Now tis night so its off to beddy byes for me. Big day tomorrow.

ps - Jiffy Lube .. that is a tad irksome I agree.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 12-29-2010

St Anna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
ah, but I am, sort of. Installing new auto pilot and solar panels before we bugger off for a few weeks.

Had hoped to disappear New Years Eve, still looking to get down to Jervis.

Now tis night so its off to beddy byes for me. Big day tomorrow.

ps - Jiffy Lube .. that is a tad irksome I agree.
I am going to believe you - I am really from a different planet to you. I have absolutely not the foggiest?

So enjoy your sleep and your New Years sail South. [remember to keep blue,wet bit on the left or you'll be visiting us]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-29-2010

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltmadoc View Post
rjg23, thank you VERY much, that's exactly what i was looking for and helps greatly in making a purchase decision.

Rigging And Hardware - Rigging Only's Online Store will be getting my call as soon as they are back from vacation.
I replaced my main halyard with VPC last year a like it a lot. I don't think VPC would work for sheets but its great for low stretch applications like halyards where you only handle it putting the sail up and taking it down.

I would advise you to check if your clutches will accept a line one size smaller and if they will consider going with the smaller line. I used the same size and with VPC's low stretch properties feel like I could have saved some weight aloft going with a size smaller and still had less stretch than with lower performance line.

I plan to replace my jib halyard with VPC this winter and I for sure will go one size smaller on it assuming it works with my clutches.
Old 12-29-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
While not a PS subscriber, too much like consumers reports.....not always correct test methods etc IMHO......

I do have xls extra as halyards and sheets. I do like the feel, less stretch that staset for not that much more. Along with the ability to color code different parts of the running rigging. IE blue/white for mainsail, red/blue for jibs, green blue for the spin.

Takes a pretty good blow to stretch the main/jib halyards.

Marty
Old 12-31-2010

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Anna View Post
remember to keep blue,wet bit on the left or you'll be visiting us
Best piece of East Coast Navigation advice I have ever heard!

CH is alright. It isn't all about the glossy plastic fantastics, there is still a fairly bona-fide cruising focus, as for the ads well like here I guess they have to do what they have to do to pay for the thing.

Now someone said TD had a pumpkin scone recipe??

Old 12-31-2010
with Robin Lee dreams

coreywoodworking is on a distinguished road
Shame on the moderator

This thread starts out functionally enough, a member asking about PS ratings on running rigging. But then it slides into a personal conversation between three, one of whom is a moderator. Isn't the the realm of private messages?

That's what killed the first Sailnet. Lots of good questions, lots of good replies, but then an occasional few, glued to their keyboards (like the Telstar 28) chatting with their buddies, and generating more messages than real sail content.
Old 12-31-2010

waterdog52 is on a distinguished road
If you are a tech kinda person, you will like it. It is written from technical point of view. Their test simulate usage. The simulation may not be your application, but the test allow you to judge for yourself and make an educated decison before invest your time in a product. I find it useful it useful and entertaining, but I chose function over form.
Old 01-01-2011
Mirage 29

sailjunkie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreywoodworking View Post
This thread starts out functionally enough, a member asking about PS ratings on running rigging. But then it slides into a personal conversation between three, one of whom is a moderator. Isn't the the realm of private messages?

That's what killed the first Sailnet. Lots of good questions, lots of good replies, but then an occasional few, glued to their keyboards (like the Telstar 28) chatting with their buddies, and generating more messages than real sail content.
Sorry to hurt your feelings, but the back and forth bantering is what makes Sail Net kind of neat. That's why this thread is in General Discussion, instead of Gear & Maintenance or Seamanship.

S/V Avatar
Mirage 29'
Port Moody, BC

It's not my fault they named a movie after our boat