Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011

chall03 will become famous soon enough
I like Budgie Smuggler

But yes perhaps lost on the non Aussies

Has the ran hit you there yet?? We are anchored up the Hawkesbury at Bobbin Head and just got soaked, as I was finishing the BBQ.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2011
Banned

BUDGIE SMUGGLER is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to BUDGIE SMUGGLER
rain has`nt hit yet but the front is approaching. can`t seem to change my user name as i dont seem to have that option. the site automatically recognises my computer..... any suggestions?
Old 01-09-2011

St Anna is on a distinguished road
Hey Aussie,
I get back to the computer and you guys have solved the worlds probs.

Ok, I saw your travel plan and would fine tune a few things, but that can happen as you get closer.

I suppose, get your boat sailable and safe first. You might get some guys to help crew the boat up to Southport - and you can learn from tehm as you go. Young Chall may need to get out of the house for a few weeks at teh end of Jan.....[hardly likely as he will be busy with domestic things like nappies]

You have a few months before the weather patterns should stabilise and the time can be well suited to learning your boat.

I am not sure if he is still around and most likely am wrong, but is Joe Adams still in Coffs Harbour?

Anyway, keep us posted as to your progress. I do know that by the time you reach QLD, [if it hasn't washed away], you could teach us a thing or 2 about sailing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-09-2011
Banned

hi st anna, not sure if joe adams is still around, i don`t think so.... hope he did`nt snuff it testing an adams 24 !!!!!!! i`ve emailed the ex partner of joe adams and he himself does`nt know much about the smaller adams designs and could`nt enlighten me. i did see another adams 24 for sale when i bought this one but that was a beamier newer model and has been sold now. trust me to buy a boat that no one in the world has ever heard of. when i sold my motorhome i only just had enough money to buy her and i bought it sight unseen as i was homeless and desperate (sounds like a good title for a song).......i`m homeless & desperate....do you like my name for her...BUDGIE SMUGGLER... may be a bit of a tongue twister saying it on the radio 3 times though!

Last edited by BUDGIE SMUGGLER; 01-09-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2011

St Anna is on a distinguished road
Hey Aussie,
Cool name, but it may be difficult to get crew onboard. However, budgie smugglers are far better than ...none! I posted a response in your bar crossing bit.

Old 01-09-2011
Banned

i could hang a sign on the transom next to her name.......... bird wanted
Old 01-09-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Aussie

Mods can change you handle if you like. PM Faster who has posted here, or TDW, aka fuzzie, wombat, the fuzzy wombat......among other names...... he speaks a bit funny as you at times too!

Good luck finding info on boat. I did notice that the 21' boat I found info on had an "other" name, a "seahorse 6" IIRC. I will assume the 6 ment 6Meter length. I could not find with a really quick search info on a seahorse...... I am sure it exists, but some smaller builders etc it is hard to find info.

marty
Old 01-09-2011
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Aussie

Mods can change you handle if you like. PM Faster who has posted here, or TDW, aka fuzzie, wombat, the fuzzy wombat......among other names...... he speaks a bit funny as you at times too!
Marty and Aussie... actually we (the mods) cannot change user ids, only admin can do that, and they will not do so without some strongly compelling reasons..All we can do is ban one ID and allow the user to sign in with a new one. Of course having and using two IDs at the same time is also not permitted...

btw Ye olde Fuzzy one is on a bit of an extended cruise, so won't likely be around for another couple of weeks...

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 01-09-2011
Banned

hi faster, can i unsubscribe and then join sail net afresh with a new user name, or would that be bad etiquette
Old 01-09-2011
Banned

for any non aussie that may be even slightly curious as to the name "BUDGIE SMUGGLER" i will attempt an answer.. budgie smugglers are an australian slang term for the tiny, mostly very tight fitting swimwear that lifeguards and a lot of elderly gentlemen wear at the beach. they are said to be smuggling budgies (budgerigars) inside their swimwear. some smuggle little budgies, some smuggle larger budgies.... some smuggle very lively budgies........sadly, my budgies half dead and he won`t wake up !!