Those of us who are above, lets say, 60 please muster up. - Page 10 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011

proflyer is on a distinguished road
72 and sail mostly single handed, going to Desolation this July with my daughter and son in law. Looking forward to it. I had a bypass three years ago but things have finally settled down now. I will change my prop tomorrow and change marinas on Thurday. Wish me good weather!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2011

mgiguere is on a distinguished road
At 67, still sail on the Chesapeake Bay with friends. Sunday, went out single handed on my 37 foot sloop and sailed back up the West River onto a temporary mooring unassisted. (ok, it had a pick-up buoy that Hartge's maintains for us in winter). Absolutely spectacular day...and yes I didn't see one other sailboat between there and Thomas Point Light.

Last edited by mgiguere; 02-21-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-21-2011

ebs001 is on a distinguished road
Just turned 65, four days ago. I now get all the senior discounts like free fishing license. free bus rides on Wednesdays, and free drugs and get OAS (old age security) Still working full time which involves alot of stairs and ladders so keeping fit. Will be taking off work next fall to cruise for six months. Life is good.
Old 02-21-2011

sailor1950 is on a distinguished road
started at age 9 with sunfish. bought our first boat, 21 venture in 1978. Moved up to a San Juan 23 the nest year. Sold the San Juan in 1991. Sailed a Laser from 1995 until we bought a used precision 23 last year. We made the mistake of going to the Annapolis boat show last Oct. We just bought a new never owned Hunter 31. My wife and I both turn 61 next week. Same day same year. This is the last one, unless we hit the lottery.
Old 02-24-2011

SailingGma is on a distinguished road
My husband and I fit the criteria. After 4 years of full time cruising in our fifties, we've slowed down a bit, and stay closer to home, but we're still looking for adventure. We did allow ourselves a new furling main this year, and enjoy how easy it is. Easy seems a little more attractive now than it used to!
Sailboat Cruising in the 90s
Old 06-04-2011

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
I saw them bring up that whippersnappers thread of under 35.
We all know that "Old Guys Rule"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture
Old 06-04-2011
ancient mariner

captbillc is on a distinguished road
i see all you youngsters sailing. i finally got my boat in the water yesterday. today we put up the mast using the marina's boom. then they hoisted me to the top in my boas'ns chair so i could put my wind instruments back on. i'll be glad to get out sailing on lake superior again. i will be 89 on the 4th of july.
Old 06-04-2011
ancient mariner

i see all you young people sailing. we launched my boat yesterday. today we put the mast up using the marina's boom. then they hoisted me to the top in my boas'ns chair so i could put my wind instruments back on. i will be glad to be sailing on lake superior again. i will be 89 on the 4th of july.
Old 06-04-2011
ancient mariner

sorry about the double poast. i hit the wrong thing the first time and my message disappeared so i wrote it again. when i posted it both messages were posted.
Old 06-05-2011
Senior Pirate

TropicCat is on a distinguished road
I turn 60 in October. Still sailing 2-3 days a week, 11 months of the year. However, I am slowing down a bit as I did buy a catamaran...