SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Nautical Names

15K views 43 replies 35 participants last post by  Boasun 
#1 ·
...for a cat. Anyone have some suggestions? We have a new maine **** cat and we were thinking of some nautical-related name for him. Any and all suggestions welcome!

so far, i have been intrigued by hawser, drogue, mizzen....

#3 ·
You could also name it after some famous mariner, fiction or non. Ahab, Hook, Sparrow, Slocum ..... endless possibilities there really ...

#19 ·
A friend used to name his cats after his favourite draft beers.(these are all English beers)So there was Theakston;Boddington;Hartley plus after the German lager Stella.
My cats-well Puss Puss and Little Puss-both strays to which we didnt want to get attached. Puss Puss a black and white was with us 14 years until his death at 20 something last year and Little Puss who came to us as a half grown stray hence the name is now 15!

#22 ·
Spencer likes the name spencer. Think I have a pic of him somewhere. MC's are great kittys, no matter the name frankly! Altho he is a small MC. The VC in my YC has one that is supposidly 3+' long. ABout 30 lbs worth, spencer is all of 15 lbs.

marty

#25 ·
Ohhh! I do like fathom.

And, i like the idea of naming after a place we have sailed. The only problem is that the one place we keep sailing to (day trips are the limit with a 4 year old so far) is an island called " little Misery." Guess we have to goto more interesting places ;-)

These are great suggestions. And nice kitty pics. Keep it coming!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.