Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 9
What do you teach? I would imagine that certainly would impact the schools you would consider. In terms of some additional thoughts:
1. Any school on Long Island, NY (Stony Brook, LIU) will give you access to Long Island Sound and/or the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Any school in Manhattan (Columbia, NYU, Pace University, Forham, Iona (not really NYC, but still very near water)) gives you acces to NY Harbor, as well as Long Island Sound and the Hudson, depending on where you choose to live and/or keep the boat.
3. Any school in Boston (Harvard, BC, Tufts, BU, Northeastern, and nearly countless others), gives you access to the water via Beantown (though they have an AWFUL and unscruplous baseball team, not to mention a football team that's not so hot anymore either, so I probably would rule that place out).
4. Someone already mentioned Yale in New Haven, CT, but there's also Wesleyan. Not right on the water, but an easy drive.
5. Roger Williams University in Bristol, RI. An AWESOME place to be for sailing enthusiasts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.