If I have known he was leaving last Monday or Tuesday, I would have helped him to sail down to Norfolk from Annapolis. Once in ICW, he could it take it easy. I remember last week it was cold and windy in Chesapeake Bay. It is sad. RIP Arno Dawson
One thing I don't understand is why the broker in Annapolis did not give him any advices knowing he was from AU. Like rule 62, there are so many unanswered questions.
You know what, when I go sailing solo. I will have a waterproof cam and voice recorder records at all time. It will record the last 24-hr activity on the boat. So if I turn up dead, you guys can find the answer instead of blaming me ..... ask why ..............
1. didn't he have life vest on, tether on
2. did he pee on the side of the boat instead go to the head
3. didn't he bring enough battery or any GPS
4. didn't he learn how use CN, wait he was motoring in ICW, well he should learn it any way.
5. did he approach the inlet at night or in a rage
6. did he jump into the life raft?
I have one of these GO PRO. It is waterproof and HD wide angle.