Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011

Gabriola is on a distinguished road
That's a nice boat.. Had a chance to give it a whirl in the wind yet ?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2011
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
New baby, new boat, life's grand, ain't it?

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 02-28-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Hard to go wrong with that one CH. Martz has a good reputation as a builder and although I doubt Mr Roberts has had an original idea in his entire life most people seem pretty happy with the end result, particularly if professionally built. Congratualations.

Good on you for getting it done. (unlike some people I could name who have been faffing about for ages and never coming up with a decision ).

btw .... we are planning on being out and about over Easter, taking an extended break. If likely to be in Broken Bay I'll drop you a note. Plan is Port Stephens but that will depend on the weather.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 02-28-2011
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough
Congratulations on the new boat, looks great!

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

Old 02-28-2011

Cruiser2B is on a distinguished road
Nice boat! We just picked up one too. I imagine your as happy as we are!
Old 02-28-2011

dnf777 is on a distinguished road
Looks great on the water! Congrats, sounds like you found a perfect match!
Old 02-28-2011

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Thanks all!

I have taken her out, and she sails well, although no she doesn't point as well as my previous boat(an IOR 1/4 tonner).....it is also hard getting used to this wheel contraption

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Hard to go wrong with that one CH. Martz has a good reputation as a builder and although I doubt Mr Roberts has had an original idea in his entire life most people seem pretty happy with the end result, particularly if professionally built. Congratualations.

Good on you for getting it done. (unlike some people I could name who have been faffing about for ages and never coming up with a decision ).

btw .... we are planning on being out and about over Easter, taking an extended break. If likely to be in Broken Bay I'll drop you a note. Plan is Port Stephens but that will depend on the weather.
Yeah it seems the Martzcraft 35 is one of those boats that has succeeded despite it's designer rather than because of it perhaps??? Ours has a full professional shipwright fitout, and the engine only has 40 hours which was a big bonus.

I liked the Arends but just couldn't find one at the right price, I liked sailing the Phantom but we would of outgrown the layout very quickly..I liked the Catalina 36, but out of our price range simply because it was a Catalina....there were a few Beneteaus and Bavarias that were newer and prettier but even more overpriced and ultimately less suited for what we wanted to do.....so we ended up back at the Centre Cockpits in the end.

Hey TD your just being thorough in your research....there is nothing wrong with that! If your up this part of the world at easter let me know...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-28-2011
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
After well over a year of looking/dreaming/getting frustrated/looking again.....we have finally settled on and bought our next boat!

She is a 1989 Martzcraft 35. She is based on a centre cockpit Roberts design and built by Martzcraft yachts in Oz.

She needs some.......well actually alot of cleaning up but has she very good bones, a good layout, and a new engine.

We had been looking actively for over a year and our list included...

-A cruising boat,
-32-36 ft,
-Solid and blue watery,
-A good compromise between traditional/modern design,
-A layout that would suit a family both for extended/local cruising
-That we could afford (Basically we came to the realization that in this price bracket we get more boat by buying slightly older and an Aussie boat rather than an imported Production Boat)

Like I said she needs work, she is going up on the slip Wednesday as she has a dynaplate with corroded bolts, and a plastic skin fitting for the engine intake neither of which I am a huge fan of......so they are going immediately. After that she needs a new main(I am an ex racer, yes she is a cruising boat, I like actually sailing and getting somewhere), maybe a MPS (negotiating with my financial controller)new running rigging, new covers, holding tank, new house batteries and a chartplotter.......and thats to start
Great looking! And is that a BBQ on the back I spy!???

Congrats!

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 02-28-2011

snowdawg is on a distinguished road
Very Nice and congrats
Old 02-28-2011

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Schweet, chall!
Good on ya!