Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2003

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Sailing north vs south of the Ches. Bay Bridge

Actually, it is cheaper the further north or south, or east, you are from Rt 50 with the big bargains being south and east.

Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2003

cflicker is on a distinguished road

I sail out of Rock Creek and have never done an overnighter. Can I just drop anchor anywhere I feel safe for the night or is anchoring restricted to marinas?
Chas
Old 07-14-2003
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough

Chas,

Other than in the middle of a channel (shipping or otherwise) anchor where you want. Do make it out of the way of course. From Rock Creek, go down to the Bodkin and check out some of the small bays there as a place to start. Email me directly if you want to chat about other possible anchorages. Rock Creek is my home base, too (White Rocks Marina.)
Old 07-15-2003

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about

The Bay is full of wonderful anchorages. You do not need to go into a marina but you should anchor somewhere that will provide protection should things kick up during the night. I try to find anchorages that have some breeze for ventilation, are not down wind of a marsh in order to minimize mosquitos, and which has some protection from a storm or high wind should it build up. There are places where people routinely anchor with full exposure to the Bay (Whitehall Bay and Fairlee Creek come to mind), but I have also spent some very bumpy nights in that kind of rodestead.

There are a lot of good anchorages that are pretty easy sails from Rock Creek. I am very fond of Greys Inn Creek and the Corsica River both are off of the Chester River. Swan Creek (if you are not too deep) is a nice anchorage that should be easy to get to from Rock Creek as well.

Regards
Jeff
Old 07-22-2003

flicker is on a distinguished road

Jeff,

Sorry I missed you. This past weekend, I sailed from Rock Creek to a new marina in Fells Point. But I still intend to overnight it down south on the weekends. Thanks again.

Chas
Old 09-22-2003

riolove is on a distinguished road

I recently read a message that you know a bit about the Mill Creek area. Do you know if any private slips are available for the month of October? I have a friend who is interested in renting before the seasons ends in November. He has to be out of his slip by Oct. 7, 2003. I know of a few private marinas in Mill Creek but do not know the names. Can you help? Thanks ...Hawk
Old 09-22-2003

riolove is on a distinguished road

I recently read a message that you know a bit about the Mill Creek area. Do you know if any private slips are available for the month of October? I have a friend who is interested in renting before the seasons ends in November. He has to be out of his slip by Oct. 7, 2003. I know of a few private marinas in Mill Creek but do not know the names. Can you help? Thanks ...Hawk