Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2011

123456Wannasail654321 is on a distinguished road
Bumfuzzle

I know some on here would love to know what the bumfuzzle guys are up to and enjoy their antics and adventures.

After driving a car in a road race and then touring the world in a VW bus. The Bumfuzzles have a child and now gotten themselves another boat late last year and are now heading out to sea again.

I figured you'd guys would enjoy the spectacle.

anyway...bumfuzzle | march 2011

Last edited by 123456Wannasail654321; 03-11-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2011

SVQuint is on a distinguished road
Too much kid talk, too little sailing. Liked the old blog better.
Old 03-17-2011

night0wl is on a distinguished road
I've been following them...great blog. Yes, the new adventures have more of a focus on the new addition, but I'm alright with that. Its great to see them grow as people and a family over time.
Old 10-14-2011

deeman is on a distinguished road
For anyone who has not read the blog, I highly recommend it.

It's really well written and documented. Prepare to be drawn in and keep three days worth of food close by - it's really addicting since it's so well written.

I've finished reading their blog from their maiden in Miami to New Zeeland which occurred over 2 years - I have lots more to read. It's Awesome!!

I know there were some haters dissin' them for their lack of knowledge and forethought but it makes for some great adventures!!

One question I have been seriously struggling with, and admit it's none of my business, but where they heck did they get all the money? It seems limitless. I thought it mentioned early in the blog that one of them made some good $$$ in the stock market or something. Running some REALLY rough numbers it looks like they have spent close to $600,000 - $700,000 from the start of their trip to current day.

Did I miss it?
Old 10-14-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman View Post
For anyone who has not read the blog, I highly recommend it.

It's really well written and documented. Prepare to be drawn in and keep three days worth of food close by - it's really addicting since it's so well written.

I've finished reading their blog from their maiden in Miami to New Zeeland which occurred over 2 years - I have lots more to read. It's Awesome!!

I know there were some haters dissin' them for their lack of knowledge and forethought but it makes for some great adventures!!

One question I have been seriously struggling with, and admit it's none of my business, but where they heck did they get all the money? It seems limitless. I thought it mentioned early in the blog that one of them made some good $$$ in the stock market or something. Running some REALLY rough numbers it looks like they have spent close to $600,000 - $700,000 from the start of their trip to current day.

Did I miss it?
I suspect, like many of my friends, they may be "Trustafarians"... Never know for sure though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 10-14-2011

night0wl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
I suspect, like many of my friends, they may be "Trustafarians"... Never know for sure though...
I dunno about that...they seem to be self made. Patrick has mentioned on very rare occasion that he was a commodoties trader at one point. Knowing others that were in this industry is that you can really "trade" or "daytrade" anywhere there is an solid internet connection and you make lots of money on volotility rather than steady increases in prices.

The trick is to be good at what you do...this is a line of work that is as close to professional gambling as you can get without the gambling label. He must be good to support the lifestyle.
Old 10-14-2011

Captainmeme is on a distinguished road
Its probably against the law but I wonder if Pat would manage a fund put together by bumfuzzle followers. He couldn't do any worst than my 401k managers.
Old 10-14-2011

Andyman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman View Post

Did I miss it?
I can't recall what she did for a living but I think he made a boat load of money in the stock market. Day trader or something.
Old 10-15-2011

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Self made, and still working the market to live on. When had a repair of $700 recently. In one day he made that with exchanging some stock.........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.