Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011

mopsy68 is on a distinguished road
ready to travel

i am an intelligent, ready to travel, children at university, can pay my way, and really truly want the opportunity to learn and live sailing...if there is anyone who can help me find this spur of the moment opportunity, yet a much dreamed of lifestyle for a couple of decades, please send me the websites that might allow me to contact people, couples or boats that could help me fulfill this journey in my life....i am 42, self_sufficient , friendly, not hard to look at and most importantly ready to live and learn and share...i am able to hook you up to my facebook if requested so that more info is and pics are available. thankyou for your time.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-14-2011

ps... can travel indefinitely and can go within a couple of weeks...!!! lets communicate and see if i can help you in your travels and you can educate and allow me to travel in the gods way...on water!!!
Old 03-14-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
If you are looking to connect with a boat that needs crew, you should inventory the skills that you bring to the table. It seems that you are not familiar with sailing. Are there any maintenance tasks that you are familiar with: carpentry, engines, electrical, refrigeration, etc? Can you cook?

Have you been aboard a boat of any kind for any length of time? If so, identifying that would help in your search. If not, I doubt many are going to take the chance you are susceptible to sea sickness and want off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 03-14-2011

thankyou for the quick response

Sea sickness not a problem...no not familiar with actual sailing responsibilities...but was a lifegaurd for many years, can cook, can improvise, can take fear and stress in hand, will listen, i've been a business owner and successful mother and wife for 20 years,,,i've owned my own body piercing business for 10 years and i have 3 years of university years ago specializing in biology and physics...i still yearn to learn...not alot of huge help but could be the best mate out there and can pay my own way. thankyou for allowing me to post a little bit more about myself... was not to sure how to post my request on here. May you all be safe and happy today...with a contentment
Old 03-14-2011

also perhaps personal messages better...yes a lifestyle decision, but to find out if i am able to enable your ship or boats trip to be more successful and not be a negative, if you know a specific boat let me know...and if you know sites that can accomodate a newbie please let me know. sincerely thank you!!!
Old 03-14-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
I assume you are keeping an eye on this forum:

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted/

Not going to be a lot of call for body piercings on passage. kidding.....

I've known more than one that has agreed to be the ship's cook and housekeeper, in exchange for passage. Most recently, I've even heard of them being paid. A delivery crew may be your best chance. Bar tenders near marinas always seem to know who to talk to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.