SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Where's the Dog

8K views 48 replies 37 participants last post by  Joesaila 
#1 ·
I guess by now a lot of members would have noticed that the Dog is MIA.

I also guess that it is the result of a fracas between him and other members about his attitude on the board along with some intervention from the mods.

Whilst I have to acknowledge that SD and I had our differences, there is no doubt that he was a wonderful resource especially for the people who, ironically, he was most ascerbic with, the newcomers.

The extent of his contribution (even though I often thought a lot of it was recently acquired (the wonders of Google) will be missed. I used to be able to post stuff that I needed to know and I could depend on SD to do the research and come up with the goods.

Now I have do my own research:(

#35 ·
"Alas! poor Dog. I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy..."

#39 ·
No, not pregnant. Just too many doughnuts. (MMmmmmmmm....doughnuts.......)

#42 ·
I can see The Dog now. In front of his computer...

To post, or not to post, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune (and ungodly Rep Power),
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To logoff, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To logoff, to sleep;
To sleep, perchance to dream (or sail!) - ay, there's the rub:
For in that sleep of electronic silence what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this Internet coil,
Must give us pause - there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.

#43 ·
Dog sighting on the anything-sailing site. He's alive and posting.

Regards,
Brad

#45 ·
WOW...45 posts regarding SD being missed says lots about the man! I concurr...he is one of he most knowledgable and friendly people around. I'm kind of glad he's busy and not commenting. It's saving me cash! He basically outfitted my boat [anchor, rodes, radar, chartplotter, etc] and then came down and helped me figure out the Nano-station he recommended...Man, he did it out of friendliness and never considered taking my offered payment! And just as has been stated, the man is likely busy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.