SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

SV Scaramouch - Eastcoast 31 - REFIT

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  mclare 
#1 ·
Pics of my recent purchase. Now headway into a refit. Enjoy.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Coming on nicely.

Porta Potty as holding tank replacement ? I wonder how many boats go that route ?

If I were you and as soon as the budget permits, junk the Jabsco head and get a Lavac.

Did you do the teak hatch surrounds yourself ?

As per your earliest posts, I've always had a soft spot for the EC31. Enjoy.

#9 ·
Thanks for the reply. The EC31 is currently in the hands of the experts at Midko Marine at the Quays Marina at Church Point. So far Im totally impressed with their workmanship and detail. I dont have lots of spare time, so their hands make light-work!

The refit priorities are;

1. Replace rotten plywood floors + Install new teak/holly soles
2. Repaint entire bilge - make look new
3. Replace bilge pumps and plumbing - auto float switches
4. Replace bulkhead and cabinetry veneers
5. Replace Galley Benchtops and Fiddle Rails
6. Replace Stove/Oven
7. Build new Electrical Services Cabinet
8. Install new Circuit Breaker/Distribution Board
9. Rework and enhance battery bay + battery selection switches
10. Install new iPod audio, speakers and LCD TV system
11. Install new wall panels (white planked marine panel)
12. Install new window perspex (sides)
13. Install new lewmar hatches (Main Cab + Head)
14. Install new upholstery throughout
15. Install new cold/hotwater system
16. Install new head (whale gulper pump)
17. Install new Shower/Head Teak Grate Floors
18. Replace teak head cabin doors (Fore+Aft)
19. Replace & Re-engineer companionway Engine Cover / Ladder
20. Remove all white plastic bulkhead caps + Install teak bulkhead caps
21. Install bulkhead corner handles
22. Install new cabin lighting
23. Install new saloon table + stand

The list goes on and on and one and on........

#10 ·
Eastcoast 31

Hi there,
I have recently purchased an EC 31 that needs work. I intend to put it on my mooring no far from Scaramouch.I was interested to get your thoughts on getting the boat under the bridge. I note you have elected to take Scaramouch down to Pittwater. I am told there is around 38 ft under the bridge at high tide. Not sure yet what the rig height of the EC31 is.

James

#11 ·
Hi there,
I have recently purchased an EC 31 that needs work. I intend to put it on my mooring no far from Scaramouch.I was interested to get your thoughts on getting the boat under the bridge. I note you have elected to take Scaramouch down to Pittwater. I am told there is around 38 ft under the bridge at high tide. Not sure yet what the rig height of the EC31 is.

James
James, What on earth are you talking about ? Scaramouche is/was at Church Point which is already in Pittwater. There is no bridge to go under unless you want to head on up the Hawkesbury.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.