SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   new to me boat. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/73123-new-me-boat.html)

sidewinder585 03-27-2011 12:20 AM

new to me boat.

I went for the pre purchase survey today and decided to get the C&C corvette that I have been looking at. She needs a ton of work, but I will be putting her in the water and sailing her while I finish fixing her up. There are a few projects that need done before i can put her in though. I have pictures, but I dont know anything about computers. I will put some up when I have time to figure out how to post pictures.

soyuz 03-27-2011 12:57 AM

Sweet, grats on your new boat.

HPLou 03-27-2011 06:15 AM

Congratulations on the new boat, sounds like she will keep you busy. Remember to post the before, during and after project pics.

Tim R. 03-27-2011 06:58 AM

Nice, My first off-shore sailing experience was on a Corvette about 30 years ago. Boston to Maine.

MARC2012 03-27-2011 05:30 PM

Congratulations,looked at one several yrs ago,nice boats.marc

Lendow 03-27-2011 06:22 PM

Great boat, very easy on the eyes. I sail a cc 29 MarkII and I to considered a corvette. Love to see pic

sidewinder585 03-29-2011 09:33 PM

I still haven't had the time to learn how to post pictures but I will start to post them once I figure it out.

travlineasy 03-30-2011 10:30 AM

The easiest way to post photos is to use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket Just upload them from your camera or PC to the site, then click the yellow, Insert Image icon on the task-bar of the quick reply box, insert the link to the photobucket site where your photo is located and it will appear with your post.

Good Luck,

Gary :cool:

SOUNDBOUNDER 03-30-2011 10:42 AM

Congrats!!!
I like the C&C Corvettes. Before I bought my Bristol, I had looked at one that was for sale in Milford CT.
Very nice.;)

sidewinder585 05-13-2011 07:35 PM

I spent a few weekends working on her now and have an updated report on my progress. I got the old atomic 4 running like a champ again, thanks to the guys at moyer marine. It is amazing that this boat never caught on fire or sank... there were mismatched hoses on the wrong sized barbs everywhere. Fuel lines, water intake, exhaust.... problems most of my problems so far have been just getting and installing the right fittings... now I am in the process of fiberglassing up some of the useless old thru Hull holes. The boat has thankfully been bottom coated in the past and was soda blasted back to this barrier so I have a fresh start for my bottom work. She has alot more big projects to do, and although I am taking pictures I cannot upload them from a phone I guess so you guys willhave to be patient until I get to a computer.