SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   New Weather and Tide Site (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/73224-new-weather-tide-site.html)

allene222 03-30-2011 09:55 AM

New Weather and Tide Site

I built a site offering weather and tide information for US Coastal waters and the Great Lakes plus PR and HI. It has tide tables and graphs, 7 day forecasts with a 7 day wind graph, marine and area observations, satellite, radar, wind forecast observations and history, and basically a lot of information all on one page. One thing people like is that it will show all the buoy stations within X miles (default is 40) giving wind, temperature, wave, and pressure readings all nicely formatted in a simple table.

I am offering it free. It is in pre-release having gone through 4 rounds of beta testing with hundreds of users so I don't expect a lot of bugs. I would like to offer it to the Sail Net community and get your feedback. It will always be free so don't worry about using it and then finding out it is a pay site. I am a sailor and built the site for the sailing community. It is cool that the coast guard is using it when dispatching rescues though. ("I use it to help me save lives").

It is very easy to use, just enter a location and the program figures out all the settings (which can be edited if needed). Please check it out L-36 Weather and Tide.

There is a YouTube Video L-36.com Video

Allen

genieskip 03-30-2011 10:12 AM

Neat site. Just bookmarked it for my location. It has a great deal of good tide and weather info. Thanks

JaredC 03-30-2011 10:18 AM

Nifty.

JimMcGee 03-30-2011 10:40 AM

Cool site!

mstern 03-30-2011 10:54 AM

You. Rock.

Already added to my favorites. Thanks.

rbrasi 03-30-2011 10:55 AM

Bookmarked....Short, sweet and to the point.

phoxie 03-30-2011 11:20 AM

Thank you. Added to my favorites too.

paul323 03-30-2011 11:44 AM

Oh, yeah. All I need in one place. Finally.
Very nice job. Straight to the top of my boating bookmarks...well, just under sailnet :-)
Awesome job. Must have been a lot of work.. Well done!

SOUNDBOUNDER 03-30-2011 12:10 PM

Nice work!!!

I just tried it out.
;)

allene222 03-30-2011 12:15 PM

Thank you all for the nice comments.

One thing that isn't obvious but a feature I use every time I go out is the "Printer Page". Follow that link at the top of the page and you can print out a single sheet of paper with the marine forecast, up to 6 tide stations -- one graph and five hourly tide or current, and the 3 day wind history for the selected airport. I stick it in my pocket so I can check the tide when returning to the slip and the current while sailing and see when the wind picked up over the last few days.

If anyone runs into any problems or has any suggestions, please leave a comment by clicking the contact tab on the site.

Allen