SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Bob Perry's Tragic Loss

6K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  bobperry 
#1 ·
All, I just read on SA where Bob Perry - an icon of the sailing world (if you don't know) and a great, great guy - just lost his 30 year old son to a viral infection. Utterly tragic.

Please head over to this thread and let him know sailors everywhere care.

The world loses a great young sailor - Sailing Anarchy Forums

#2 ·
That's terrible news... our thoughts go to him and his family. My wife lost a cousin in a similarly sudden, unexpected loss at a young age too.

#3 ·
I'm utterly gobsmacked by that news. Though I've never met the man I think of him as a friend, a good and gracious man. This is just so sad for him.

Many of you may not know this but Bob was born in Australia and spent his very early years living in Sydney, he still has family here. Some years back I helped him out with some family history stuff and some photographic memorabilia. Through our correspondence I kind of feel we got to know each other a bit. Hearing such wretched news is simply awful.

#5 ·
Bob is a good guy from all that I can see, and I hate to see anyone lose a child, that is about as bad as it gets from a parent's point of view. My best wishes to Bob and his family.

#13 · (Edited)
Yes sirreeeesir, we had a really good 2nd Annual Spike Sail In at my beachside shack two weeks ago. We had four boats on moorings in front of the shack and many people drove up or down to attend.

We ate a lot of good food, drank a lot of evil drinks and we played a lot of music well into the night. The shack was fully booked for the night with great friends.

It's a good thing.

Attachments

#15 ·
Jak:
Thanks. Yes it's a nice axe, a JS 200. Plays like a dream and can shake the walls. It was a gift from a friend after Spike died. He thought it might cheer me up. It did a bit and I play it every day. It's my go to axe along with an Eric Clapton model "parlor" Martin and a 50 year old Guild D-50.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.