Originally Posted by jimrafford
If you get the chance sometime look at a CS 36 or better yet a CS40. I don't suffer from being vertically challenged but have several friends that are and they are always commenting on the head room in our 40.
Jim, my husband and I are considering moving up to a CS 40. Our challenge is the CS 40's that are for sale are extremely far from where we live, so I'd appreciate your feedback before we invest in traveling. Any insights you can provide around the positives and negatives would be appreciated. Specifically, we have the following questions:
1. Is the hull cored below the waterline or is it just cored to the waterline on the Tony Castro designed models? Did you find any problems with delamination on your boat?
2. Did the shoal draft come with a wing keel? The listing has the draft listed as an "accurate" 5'3'', but the spec sheet has the wing keel listed as 5'8".
3. Can the traveler be moved to the top of the cabin so a full enclosure can be installed? The companion way seems really forward which may be a problem.
4. We don't have a good picture of the head. How large is the shower area?
5. What size is the icebox?
6. How would you characterize the storage on the boat? Would it be comfortable for cruising?
Thanks in advance for your help!