SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Any Boston anchorage?

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Slayer 
#1 ·
Will be sailing up to Boston from New Bedford for a family event weekend of 5-21 -22. I know I can get a slip and I know I can rent moorings in a variety of places. Question: Is there any decent anchorage for sailboat anywhere near town? I know there is a location out by airport, but am wondering if there's anything closer in that anyone knows of. Draw 5', 26 foot Ericson. Alternative, if anyone knows of mooring cheaper than Boston Harbor Sailing Club at 45.00 a day. Thanks for any info.

#2 ·
How close into Boston do you want to be?

Do you want to be able to take a dink to a restaurant or just go into the City for the day? There are some islands with cheaper morning that you can take a ferry into Boston from.

Have you looked at Active Captain?

#5 ·
Boston

The island moorings are apparently closed this year, per Constitution site. I am not a member of a yacht club. The water taxis that I know of by the MBTA don't run on weekends. If they did, I'd try Hull or Hingham. I guess I'd like to get into the inner harbor as my dinghy is small and harbor can get rough. Sorry, took so long to respond.

#6 ·
I know that my sailing club also rents moorings, right off of Rowes Warf, which is a pretty cool location. The moorings are also very close to the warfs, so shouldn't be a problem with your dingy. Starting May 1 they also start their launch service. Its Boston Harbor Sailing Club (not Boston Harbor Sailing Center). I don't know the rates but it may be worth a call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.