Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SF Bay area
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Would be interested to hear suggestions for this as well.
Regarding your "just stick with what I have" feeling, consider the pros and cons:
1) Is the current panel easy to maintain?
2) Is the current panel in good working condition with no corrosion on the connections?
3) Is the wiring behind the panel in good condition and well-organized?
4) How long will it take you to do the replacement, assuming it goes smoothly?
5) What are the chances that things will not go smoothly?
For my part the wiring is atrocious but otherwise my answers to 1, 2, 4, and 5 all tell me to leave well enough alone.
s/v Laelia - 1978 Pearson 365 ketch
s/v Essorant - 1972 Catalina 27