I must go down to the sea agian!
To the lonley sea, and the sky,
and all I ask is a small ship,
and the sight of the coast to steer her by (no sextant
So, what say you, quoters of poetry, for I have been considering it. My marina has been shut down, and my rates are to double if I can find a place at all before the 3 weeks I have to be gone.
My boat is 19 feet, and I''ve yet but done some day sailing (going out for a single handed overnighter tonight) and if I sell my bike, and everything I have, I will be debt free, but have only very very little in savings.
Do I cast off, and hope for the best?
Do I leave these shores, and this mediocre job and home for the challenges of the sea?
or do I wait longer, till I can afford a more comfortable boat, have money for provisions, and time to sever that larger boat from the bank?
What would you do? What have you done? Why? and how''s it affected you?