SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Pirates of the Caribbean-Curse of the Black Pearl (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/7455-pirates-caribbean-curse-black-pearl.html)

Stede 07-13-2003 06:49 AM

Pirates of the Caribbean-Curse of the Black Pearl

The reviews I read of this movie prior to going to see it weren''t very favorable, so I thought I would write one from a sailors perspective.A kind of "Stede at the Movies" if you will....Pirates of the Caribbean is a very fun action packed,swash-buckling movie. Johnny Depp does an excellent job of portraying Capt.Jack Sparrow.His fluttering of hands,swaggering gait,and humorous approach to dealing with situations steals every scene he''s in.Some might say that the story line is a little weak in this picture. But hey, it''s a pirate movie, not "Gone with the Wind." There are some good sailing scenes,lots of action packed fighting,very good special effects,and many memorable characters.If you want to see a movie that is fun,and entertaining, I highly recommend this movie. If you''re the type that wants to decipher how would it be possible for this to happen,and that happen, then it''s probably not for you. "A ship is more than a keel,the sails, and sailling everywhere.....it''s freedom." - Capt.Jack Sparrow -Pirates of the Caribbean-Curse of the Black Pearl.

Scale of 1-10 sets of skull and cross bones: 8+

kokopelli9 07-13-2003 06:53 AM

I wholeheartedly second that! Aaaaargh!
Great entertainment and Johnny Dep was wonderful!

Kokopuff

BigRed56 07-13-2003 08:08 AM

Ahoy yea knaves and swash-buckling seamen, This here Pirate of Pine Island is right upset with this movie as it inaccuratley portrays me kind in unfavorable light. Why dere wer''t one good rape scene, no none of that types of behavoir at all! Wot''s the world comming to when ye all want to play halloween and keeps yer morals. Sink Depp in de deep and keep yer fun loving morals to yee''s selfs. Pirate Of Pine Island. 1-10 (2)

Stede 07-13-2003 12:03 PM

BigRed56,

Man, you are one tough nut! I can relate to,and appreciate that though. Cheers!

WHOOSH 07-14-2003 04:22 AM

How is it there can be multiple comments about pirates in the Caribbean and Cable & Wireless isnšt mentioned even once?

Jack

pirateofcapeann 07-14-2003 05:24 PM

Cause the pirates tend to have good coverage in a relatively small area!

namaste04 07-16-2003 04:13 PM

Yeah, that quote "ship=freedom" really got me, too. I just heard that Depp modeled the Sparrow character after Keith Richards: too funny!!!!!
Stacey
www.sailnamaste.com

Stede 07-17-2003 07:19 AM

Capt.Sparrow modeled after Keith Richards?? I wonder how he would do in a version of "Start Me Up?" lol...

BigRed56 07-17-2003 05:07 PM

Ahoy, Wit his tounge hanging out of course! Pirate of Pine Island

jbarros 07-17-2003 05:09 PM

Ahoy there Red...

I just discovered a "Pine Island" in BC, and was wondering if that be the Island of which you are the pirate?

Fair winds and following seas.

-- James