Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2011
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Dawg, if you like rum try the native Gossling's Black Seal while you are there. Discounts in the US at $20/750mil, probably still just 1/3 of that in Bermuda.

And if you're going to stay there a while, ask about passes for the busses. IIRC the daily pass costs about what 2-3 "one time" fares are, the weekly pass even more reasonable. But you wouldn't be told that without asking.

If Sturgeron (cinnarizine) works for you for seasickness, that's OTC there. It is unavailable in the US and while it doesn't work for me, many swear by it. Might be a better souvenir than a t-shirt.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2011
Sundance 23

carl762 is on a distinguished road
Yup, can't see you on the map. I do see Bermuda though. My parents got married there a while back before I was around. Wow, to me anyway, you're on an adventure of a lifetime!!! I'd give my left ____ to take a trip like that. I really do envy all you folks who do this sort of thing routinely.

For now, I'm just a lowly inland day sailor with a motor that won't start on Memorial Day weekend with rivers at or above floodstage.

Please post pictures at your earliest convenience.

Last edited by carl762; 05-28-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2011

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Have a great sail. The biggest thing I tell newbies when on watch. Is to feel for a much cooler breeze coming along. Especially the back of the neck, and head. Weather's coming at you.....be safe!......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-04-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
I am back online for a few days. We get to little creek last Sunday and decided to head out to Bermuda after a short stop for shower, fuel, and water.

Weather was very mild and sea was calm , 5 to 10 kn wind from South. We were making 4 to 6 kn. Last thursday was the slowest with no wind. We finally made it to Bermuda this morning about 7 am. Checked in with the Custom without any problem. We are staying in Captain Smokes Marina not to far from the Custom house (15 min walk).

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 06-04-2011

Tempest is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a pretty benign trip!! That's great! Congratulations!
Old 06-04-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
I'm jealous! Sounds like you had a lovely run - having tried both, I can tell you I'd much rather be bored at sea, than have too much excitement

Photos please!

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 06-04-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

Thanks I had fun. I was never bored. I had two watches. One was 8 am to 12 noon and other was 11 pm to 2 am, worked out well for me. My wife prepared all our food so I just need to heat them up. Since I cooked I don't need to clean up. I had time to relax on the deck reading Jessica Watsons book.

Our neighbor next to us was not so lucky. They left Newport RI four days earlier than us. They motored most of their way. But they can offer it. Their boat is a new Oyster 53. :P. But I was told they had all sorts if problems.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 06-05-2011
Battered and Bruised

Silvio is on a distinguished road
Good for ya RockDAWG! Glad you had a good trip over, post pics when you can.
Old 06-06-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

I saved a dog's life yesterday as I was walking around the Island into the neighborhood . He was near death strangling by his own leash when I found him off from the patio. I climbed up and extended my arm to support his wt while I was crying for help. Finally the owner came out the house and pulled him to safety. He's ok catching his breath in his owner arms. The owner had tears in his eyes as I walked away.

I felt good about this so I bragged a little.

I hope I will post some pics before we leave for Chesapeake this week. I screwed up the ASA setting without knowing it until yesterday. So the pics have a lot more noise. .

Fine Print:
Old 06-08-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

On our way to Bermuda:

Approaching Bermuda St George:

On the Custom office:

Here where we stayed for the duration. Just a short walk to where the action is, the services is primitive with just electricity, water, and bathroom.

The non-curvature capture around the Marina.

Diamond in the rough: Window display behind the Town Hall.

Lazy Sunday afternoon watching the children played. No cruise ships in the weekend - nice, but did not realized until the day after (Monday).

Hope you like some of them. I am weird and abnormal with an odd taste in beauty.

Fine Print: