SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Looking to purchase a sailrite LSZ-1.

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  joethecobbler 
#1 ·
Anyone have one for sale? Thanks!

#2 ·
If you are new to sewing as I was, and if you haven't found industrial sewing forums on the Internet, Sailrite sewing machines seem popular on sailing forums but not so popular on sewing forums. We bought a Sailrite sewing machine and ended up returning it because we could not get it adjusted. Later we bought a Singer 111W155 via craigslist for $325, less than half the price of a Sailrite machine, and have been quite happy.

The sewing forum I follow that has several marine canvas providers, some who use 111W sewing machines, is My Community - Index

#4 ·
We love our sailrite machine. Are these other machines that have been referenced capable of traveling compactly on you boat for repairs while you are cruising. Can the be hand cranked?

#5 ·
I have several machines,singers,juki's.pfaff,landis,champions,as well as an LSZ-1.
for the money and portability as well as the assec. selection the sailrite is a decent machine.
The folks that I've met that don't like them have expressed difficulty setting them up and adjusting them. IMO the company offers good support as well as decent accompanying instructional material in written as well as DVD.
Like all machines they require a degree of patience when first learnng their pecularities and nuances.
I've made full enclosures,umbrellas,bimini's,sail covers,dinghy chaps,bags,hats,grill covers,window shades,steadying sails and numerous repairs on canvas as well as sails.
So , I'd give them an A- overall.
I've seen used ones sell for $500.00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.