Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Cod
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 6
Boat 3 (now on 5) was a Bayfield 36 which we sailed for 4 years. What I remember:
- Roomy for its size (with sprit it was 41 ft I think), fairly beamy for a "traditional" design
- Had a Yanmar that was rock solid
- Full keel, slow but stiff, unlikely to snag lobsta pots
- Cutter rig (not sure about the 25) but was nice when it piped up
- One issue with a small amount of water in encapsulated keel found at survey during purchase, which wasn't bad and relatively easy to correct
If you're into go fast, point high, light wind sailing this isn't the boat. If you want traditional looks, stiff, full keel, nice in a stiff breeze, pretty good in a seaway, this might be for you. We had a lot of fun with it.
Disclaimer, experience was not with the 25.