Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW Metroplex
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
Just judging from the questions you ask, I have to wonder if you're really ready to build a boat of this size. I don't mean that as a slam or an attack, just an honest observation....perhaps you're just feeling it out right now...honestly, this is a great forum and all, but you really need to start your research:
1. At the shipyard.....talk to boat builders, hang around, volunteer to help, etc.
2. Get some books. There are quite a few great books on building your own boat, marine electrics, etc....get them and read them.
3. Buy plans or commission your own. Plenty of these out there.
4. Get to work! It's probably going to take you at least 5 years of hard work.
5. Expect it to cost more than you thought. Alot more.
But, if I had the time, skills, space, money....I would love to build my own boat. How satisfying is that? And then to sail her and live on her...talk about being an expert on your boat and her systems! I would have to have a production boat in the mean time so I could go sailing. I can't imagine having a boat for all those years and not being able to sail her.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1982 Catalina 25 #2897
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas